So this is about the squier that I repainted and upgraded. It's a 2003 standard squier stratocaster, made in the cort factory in Indonesia, agathis body, maple neck, large 70s style headstock.

I was going for a nice classy looking stratocaster, this was the concept image

This was the guitar upon reception. It was purchased off craigslist for the price of 160 CAD including deluxe fender gig bag, spare cable, and half a pack of strings.

The factory finished didn't look half bad, but I was set on refinishing it.

This is the body after some sanding.

I didn't like the stark white of the pickguard so I sprayed it with an off-white from Krylon Fusion. The left is the pickguard after being sprayed, the right shows the original white tremolo cover, still to be sprayed.

This is the pickguard after being wired. I also got aged white knobs and a switch selector to match the pickup covers. The pickups I put in are fender vintage noiseless.

These are the four products used for refinishing. From left to right they are: krylon fusion dover white for pickguard and tremolo cover, krylon white primer, krylon pistachio, and rusto-leum clear gloss lacquer.

After some primer...

and some paint...

and some lacquer and a long wait and some buffing...

The tuners put on are grover mini-rotomatics, the nut is from tusq. The bridge assembly is from guitar fetish, with the exception of the bridge plate. The one provided didn't match the wide post spacing so I used the old one.
Oh I forgot, an american switch and output jack as well, the pots used came with the pickups.
Wow thats nice! Well done!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
I'm painting my bass "surf green" and looked at that exact shade but didn't think t would look good. you have proven me wrong. that looks great.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
^^A long time, because of procrastinating. I've read that rust-oleum lacquer is brittle and may chip, so I waited a full month before wetsanding and buffing. I also read that krylon paint is very soft, and lacquer over top may cause bubbles. So I waited a week between the colour coat and the first misty application of lacquer to make sure it was fully cured.

^thanks! I'm a fan of surf green as well, but I like this more olive-y colour
Last edited by knitman at Aug 26, 2009,
oh mah gawd, sweett!
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by knitman

^thanks! I'm a fan of surf green as well, but I like this more olive-y colour

Yeah it does have a little olive in there. This makes me stoked on my bass. haha.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
f***ing beautiful man. nice job.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
great job man it looks great
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Really well done. How does it sound?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
That looks incredible!

AMAZING job, that is a nice change from the normal colors that everyone uses.

...Plus I'm a fan of lighter-colored Strats with maple necks.

Fantastic job!
REALLY nice overhaul man.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!