Greetings people of UG.

I have your basic Doc Quicktune electronic tuner.

I am looking for opinions on a better tuner. I understand, that there are VERY good tuners (expensive as hell, Paterson is it?) but wht I am after is something more than I have, that tells you what note a string is playing, rather than how close the note is to the usual EADBGe. So I can more easily vary the tunings of strings and have more accurate tuning/intonation.

So what do we think? Korg are good so I here, but...model numbers etc?

I await your much respected opinions.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Thanks guys. Two forthright and helpful posts there. I hope you don't m9ind if I seek further opinions though? Just to be on the safe side...

I understand that developing an ear is the best way...but one needs something from which to develop ones ear tuning ability...like a tuner or something.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Aug 26, 2009,
I've had my Korg CA-30 I think it's called, since i started.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
I've had my Korg CA-30 I think it's called, since i started.

OK cool. And does that do what I was talking about?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
It does, its a chromatic tuner.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

seiko sat 100 guitar and bass tuner

it has a manual option where you pick a string and it tells you how sharp or flat you are for that string. It also has the auto mode where you just play the string and it tells you if you are sharp or flat of the note it thinks you are playing. Its quite accurate.

You can also change the settings to go 2 and a half steps down, or 3 and a half steps up.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SEISAT100
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Everyone hears tuning slightly differently, and Dan Erlewine for one gives people perfectly strobe-tuned guitars, but expects them to tweak the tuning themselves to how they like it.

You also need a good guitar that can achieve decent intonation.
Quote by blue_strat
Everyone hears tuning slightly differently, and Dan Erlewine for one gives people perfectly strobe-tuned guitars, but expects them to tweak the tuning themselves to how they like it.

You also need a good guitar that can achieve decent intonation.

Cool. Guitar is decent enough (well, the electric one is at least).

All good stuff coming up. So a chromatic tuner, tells you the note you are playing, rather than just how far you are from a "standard EADGBe"?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

And until a budget is mentioned Korg DTR-2000

I don't have a rack to put it in. Even my wife's rack isn't sufficient (thankfully!)

Thinking about this one.

Korg GT 120
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Id say blue_strat's got it.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
Id say blue_strat's got it.

So I should buy a set of tuning forks for the various conceivable notes that I may require and sit and learn the tone of each note, then proceed to replicate it on each string of my guitars?

Or should I get an electric tuner and learn through repetition, while still actually getting the thing in tune?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Skeet UK
So I should buy a set of tuning forks for the various conceivable notes that I may require and sit and learn the tone of each note, then proceed to replicate it on each string of my guitars?

Or should I get an electric tuner and learn through repetition, while still actually getting the thing in tune?

Korg DT-10. I love mine, it's one of the best pieces of gear I ever bought; for anyone who plays gigs it's stupidly useful.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.