so, seeing metaldud's thread, I remembered some questions I had about iPods, since I'm getting one for my birthday. I heard somewhere that the new iPods can only get music from like one computer. Is that true, and how does that work. Is it all iPods that do that?
If you sync your library to your iPod, then it will only take your library and nothing else without erasing everything on the iPod and starting from scratch.

If you choose to manually move music and movies, then you can use whatever tracks you want.

If you buy from the iTunes Store, you can authorise a number of computers to play what you download, and play it on your iPod from one of those computers.
Quote by MLilienthal
This is true for all ipods
they can only sync their library from one computer at a time

QFT, but I dunno if that changes if you activate external drive mode.

SHEdit: All the computers you want to use had better be PCs or Macs, not both, because you have to pick a format.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Aug 26, 2009,
so like, if I move the songs manually I can put a few songs from an infinite number of different computers (I never synced with my old iPod anyway) into my iPod no prob?

Edit: "just don't sync. Me and my friends all have our ipods set to manually manage music, and we can get music from each other's computers."

sorry, i didn't see you already had answered my question. Also, I'm thinking about getting the 16GB Nano, but I was thinking about that shaking feature that changes songs. Do you think the shakyness of a bus driving on a bump-ish road would be enough to make an iPod go crazy?
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Aug 26, 2009,
Get a Zune.

/thread
Quote by hendrix_128
because its hot when two girls have sex. when two guys have sex, its ****ing gay.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
so like, if I move the songs manually I can put a few songs from an infinite number of different computers (I never synced with my old iPod anyway) into my iPod no prob?

Edit: "just don't sync. Me and my friends all have our ipods set to manually manage music, and we can get music from each other's computers."

sorry, i didn't see you already had answered my question.
thanks people

Just to make it clear - you can do that, but only with songs without copy protection (to take it broadly - not bought on iTunes, though they do sell non-DRM tracks).
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Do you think the shakyness of a bus driving on a bump-ish road would be enough to make an iPod go crazy?

haha idk good question.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by fantasyh
Just to make it clear - you can do that, but only with songs without copy protection (to take it broadly - not bought on iTunes, though they do sell non-DRM tracks).

And by that he means you can't take DRM songs off the iPod onto a different computer. I don't see why you couldn't use several different systems each with copy-protected songs on, though I could be wrong.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Gryphon999
haha idk good question.

Because I don't want to be listening to an epic 20 minutes Rush song and suddenly changing songs. Although the roads where I live are really nice, I'm still cautious. And which iPod has more durability, the Nano or the Classic. Because all i care about in my soon to be iPod is the memory and how long it would last me. No touchscreen!!!
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Because I don't want to be listening to an epic 20 minutes Rush song and suddenly changing songs. Although the roads where I live are really nice, I'm still cautious. And which iPod has more durability, the Nano or the Classic. Because all i care about in my soon to be iPod is the memory and how long it would last me. No touchscreen!!!

If you have epicly long songs, you should know the biggest Nano is 16GB. Then again, the smallest Classic is 120GB.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Vitor_vdp
So like, you're saying in the long run the Classic should probably be better right...? (to Steve)
Because, really, it's another 50 bucks for almost 10 times the memory.

Yeah. With Nano you're paying for sleek and small. With Classic you're paying for memory.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Vitor_vdp

sorry, i didn't see you already had answered my question. Also, I'm thinking about getting the 16GB Nano, but I was thinking about that shaking feature that changes songs. Do you think the shakyness of a bus driving on a bump-ish road would be enough to make an iPod go crazy?

The Nanos are pretty cool and very slim. I have the 16GB blue one.

The shaking feature gets old after a while. I used to listen to music when walking around the house, and when I would go down the stairs the song would change with every step. Then again, it was in my pocket. If you hold it steady or put it on Hold, there won't be a problem.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by Flippy Floppy
The Nanos are pretty cool and very slim. I have the 16GB blue one.

The shaking feature gets old after a while. I used to listen to music when walking around the house, and when I would go down the stairs the song would change with every step. Then again, it was in my pocket. If you hold it steady or put it on Hold, there won't be a problem.

or you could just turn the shake shuffle feature off...

I have one, and it's pretty nice.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by KGB_INC
or you could just turn the shake shuffle feature off...

I didn't notice that when I got it, smarty pants.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!