I own an Ibanez RG4EXFM1, and i changed the strings from 9 - 42 to 10 - 46, and now the trem is dumped foreward, and the adjustment screws don't didn't do any thing. What should i do. Please helpppp.
flip the guitar over so the strings face down,grab a posi drive(+) turn both screws on the spring claw 1/4 of a turn, retune and repeat until the bridge is parallel to the body,there`s no need to take the back cover off on ibanez`s, then you will probably need to raise the action afterwards by turning the two allen key bolts either side of the bridge on the front,
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
+1

turn both screws 1/4 of a turn, retune and repeat until the bridge is parallel to the body, then you will probably need to raise the action afterwards, or wait until jj165 posts then click his green link in her sig....

fix'd
but the rest is right.
and your edited post too.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Yes, that's what floating trems do, you have ot keep re-tuning until it settles down.

Why do people only worry about how things work after they've messed them up?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ibanezgod1973
flip the guitar over so the strings face down,grab a posi drive(+) turn both screws on the spring claw 1/4 of a turn, retune and repeat until the bridge is parallel to the body,there`s no need to take the back cover off on ibanez`s, then you will probably need to raise the action afterwards by turning the two allen key bolts either side of the bridge on the front,

yea, your method tuned my guitar, but the trem is still dumped
Quote by russianmetal11
yea, your method tuned my guitar, but the trem is still dumped

well what i said was to enable the trem to sit level......