So anyone who plays this im really stuck on the 3rd and 2nd last solo licks. I was wondering how anyone here played them...they are both tough to alternate pick at speed and difficult to finger. With the 2nd last lick (the descending in groups of 6) would you play this with a 14 1/2 barre?
Tabs pl0x. I don't know this song specifically.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Right, for the first lick there is little way around playing it than practice: find a good way to finger it that's comfortable for you and minimises movement and just grind it with a metronome. If you find you get stuck at a certain speed then go do something else for a while as it'll be out of your reach for a while.

The second lick is pretty simple aside from the first two notes with the stretch to the 19th fret, use your first finger for all the 14th fret stuff but don't barre it and use a sweep for the ascending one note per string group on the end.

Don't worry if it takes you a LONG time to get this; it's Marty Friedman and he has a very unorthodox way of playing and thinking about playing so most of his soloing is quite challenging even for the more experienced players out there.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Right, for the first lick there is little way around playing it than practice: find a good way to finger it that's comfortable for you and minimises movement and just grind it with a metronome. If you find you get stuck at a certain speed then go do something else for a while as it'll be out of your reach for a while.

The second lick is pretty simple aside from the first two notes with the stretch to the 19th fret, use your first finger for all the 14th fret stuff but don't barre it and use a sweep for the ascending one note per string group on the end.

Don't worry if it takes you a LONG time to get this; it's Marty Friedman and he has a very unorthodox way of playing and thinking about playing so most of his soloing is quite challenging even for the more experienced players out there.

a good point the 2nd last one is a lot easier economy picked.