hey any fans of silent hill music? i feel akira yamaoka deserves alot of respect for the creative creepy music hes done in silent hill games. some fave tracks are sh1 opening theme, sh1 not tomorow. sh2 theme of laura, sh2 promise. sh3 your not here, sh3 i want love remix. sh4 cradle to forest etc..
I haven't heard any of it, but my band is named after a song on one of the soundtracks because the name was cool.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

breeze in monochrome night is amazing beyond amazing.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Oh!

I love that game! Especially the creepy music. I've never finished at least one game, though. I'm always stuck in the middle of some complicated puzzle.

EDIT: This scares the crap outta me:

Last edited by joshua122593 at Aug 26, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The entire soundtrack of The Room is fantastic- atonal, unmusical... it gets to you. Alongside the crying of children.

YES!
The best videogame music comes from Halo games and Metal Gear Solid games.
F
U
C E N S O R S H I P
K
hey can u tell me what the longer version of 'not tommorow' is called? its a remix and goes on for 5mins ish but i hav'nt got silent hill soundtrack cd to find name, thanx. not tommorow plays at the part where lisa the nurse asks for harry help and bleeds in cutscene, quite a sad scene that.
nah man final fantasy games lays the smackdown for ace music, and star ocean games.
Akira Yamaoka is an amazing composer..he is what really made the game truely scary. The music is so suiting; ominous, sad...sometimes just plain disturbing! I like the music from SH2 and The Room the best, personally. I was always scared of Robbie the Rabbit too
Hold the Heathen hammer high!

That is all
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Yes (looks down at sig lyrics ) Akira is one of my favourite artists actually, didn't really know that many other people listened to his music. As much as I love the games, I listen to the music more than I play the games, and my band may be covering "Waiting For You" from SH4, or maybe Theme Of Laura, as my singer seems to really love it now.

Also, my username comes from Silent Hill 2
yeah i think his works are great and fit extremely well with the atmosphere of the game
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Silent Hill has the best soundtrack of all videogames ever made (along with Castlevania, IMO), and they're also my favourite.
Of course Yamaoka deserves a lot of respect, he's a genius! I have the original soundtracks from SH 1 to 4 and Origins (I've yet to get Homecoming)
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
got those myself...the music really made that game for me. It scared the hell out of me. I just loved how the movie used music straight from the game
AMD Athlon x2 5200+ (Windsor) @ 3.2Ghz--4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800 @ 910Mhz--Biostar Tforce 550--450W Rosewill Stallion PSU--250GB Seagate Barracuda--Samsung Writemaster CD/DVD R/RW--XFX Geforce 7950GT core clock 600Mhz, memory clock 760Mhz