They are really different guitars. The Apex is a sevenstring though so that should be the main factor in deciding.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by potatohead_33
Uhh, well the Apex 2 is a seven string

what wrong with a 7 string, it gives much less tunning restrictions like on 6 strings

Edit: Just busting some balls over nothing btw
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Last edited by Rizzo228 at Aug 26, 2009,
Well if you want a seven string, get the apex, but if you want a six string get the RG.

Edit: I think we may have just gotten a very sneaky trolling.
Regardless of the 7 strings, it seems the Apex is a much better guitar for the money. Mahogany vs Basswood, real DiMarzio's, etc.
Quote by potatohead_33
Regardless of the 7 strings, it seems the Apex is a much better guitar for the money. Mahogany vs Basswood, real DiMarzio's, etc.

Basswood is not a bad wood. The only real superiority is the pickups.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
The RG is a Prestige. The Apex isn't the Prestige model. The RG is going to be much better quality.
Quote by JELIFISH19
The RG is a Prestige. The Apex isn't the Prestige model. The RG is going to be much better quality.

Actually the Apex is a prestige. Only the lower end signature models aren't considered prestige.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Oh ok I was just remembering it was the apex I forgot they had two of them.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Oh, wow, my bad! I just kinda posted this topic without thinking much. Yes, the biggest difference would be the extra string on the Apex 2, lol.

Sorry, the other guitar I wanted to compare the Apex 2 to was the RG1527...not 1570. :p

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/guitar.aspx?m=RG1527

For some reason, I was thinking the 1570 was the 7 string, I didn't even look at the picture while posting the link. :\

Sorry, guys. So, yeah...back to the question!
Also, the difference between the Apex 1 and 2...except for the price is the neck, inlay, and the bridge. Oh, the color as well. I don't think the inlay makes much of a difference, but is the neck and bridge in Apex 1 extremely superior to the Apex 2? Besides, I don't think I can afford a $2000+ guitar anyways. back to my main question.

P.S-Sorry for double post.
It's the APEX1 is much higher quality than the APEX2. But the APEX1 will be the same quality as the RG1527 and they pretty much come with the same bridge. The RG1527 is basswood while the APEXes are mahogany.
Whoa, wait. I'm pretty sure the Apex 1 has a better sound than the APEX2, but what about the APEX2 compared to the RG1527? Is it in the same range? Or is the RG1527 in another league? I know you gave me an answer, it's just that...by price alone, it doesn't justify why the RG1527 is hundreds more expensive than the APEX2. :\

Thanks, Jelifish!
The only real major differences:

1527 has Wizard Prestige 7 neck, Apex has Wizard II 7
1527 is basswood, Apex 2 is mahogany
Apex also has real DiMarzios
1527 comes with hard case, but costs $300 or so more.

I would go with the Apex
The APEX1 is in the same league as the Rg1527, but the APEX2 is below both of them