Hi guys, I just thought i'd make a little rant here, sorry if I piss anyone off, just want to tell my little story.

So today I went to my friends house and a friend of his was there with a Gibson SG Standard and his P.A. system. So I jammed on this SG for a couple hours, and I don't know why but I just felt like it played terrible compared to my Epiphone Firebird. Which shouldn't be right, considering there is like £500.00 difference between them. Am I crazy and retarded, well yes, but I mean surely a Gibson should own my Epiphone Firebird Studio?!?!

Thoughts people?!
Different neck will play a part in it, plus it'll be set up differently to your Firebird

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Well I feel like my 600 dollar Ibanez destroys some of the 1100 dollar gibsons I've played, sonically, in quality and in feel. It's really all about preference.
He might also have super old strings. The minute the strings die on my SG standard, it sounds and plays like ass. Of course now I have a Bigsby on it, so it's even harder to change 'em!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by dancesisidance
Different neck will play a part in it, plus it'll be set up differently to your Firebird

this was my first thought. different guitars = different feel. if you didn't like the different feel then you'd take your firebird over the SG. i'd take the SG any day
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I see what you guys mean, I will have to put a fresh set of strings on there for him, and just mess around with it. But neck wise I prefer my firebird, soooo much more!
Quote by Stratopower
I see what you guys mean, I will have to put a fresh set of strings on there for him, and just mess around with it. But neck wise I prefer my firebird, soooo much more!

Yeah. Personal preference and u are used to your firebird. I was used to my squier strat and a Les Paul just felt akward. Now it feels fine for solos and this stuff but for power chords I bough myself a 72' Telecaster Deluxe.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!