i posted this in the wrong forum before, this should be the right one tho.

i recorded my voice through a headset
http://tech2.in.com/india/news/head...headset/23831/0
ive heard that ppl will sound different to themselves when recorded, and that telephones dont recieve your voice accurately, but it sounds like this mic is struggling to pick up my voice, and i think the noise cancelling might have something to do with it. the voice recording is on my profile, if you want an example. but does anyone know anything about this? would it be a good representation of my voice, is the mic bad or my voice, or both?

also would it help if i got another recording program other than the windows sound recorder.
Quote by JOE_DESTROYER
dl a DAW software and plug ins off a torrent website for a better recording set up

How about trying to buy them at the store???
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
cool thx, any recommendations on which one to get for recording an acoustic guitar and vocals. for free if possible.
You can also try the free trial of Reaper. If you like it it's only about 60 bucks after a month or so. It is miles beyond Audacity.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
thanks. reaper is working good for me. i turned noise supressions off on my mic also. its alot louder when recording but it picks up mouse clicks better than my guitar O_o. i think eventually ill just need to get a real mic, but this helps