so today i was on my laptop and all of the sudden the internet just stops working. (it will occasionally lose connection) and since it usually loses connection i did what i normally do which is disconnect completely and reconnect to my network. after i did that, it said I had a perfectly fine connection and everything was how it should be, but for some reason i still couldn't get on the internet. i tried rebooting the router and that didn't help then i tried shutting the computer down and restarting it but that didn't work either. then i figured there must have been something wrong with internet explorer so i got on firefox but i still couldnt get on. it says i have a perfect connection and its sending and recieving stuff. but i just can't get online. i tried clicking diagnose connection problem and it said that nothing was wrong. does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with it???

Edit:and i'd like to add that my mom's laptop works fine so it isn't my ISP
Last edited by WExALLxSHINExON at Aug 26, 2009,
Check for viruses in safe mode as a matter of course.

Also try looking into the possibility of it being a winsock issue so get on someone else's computer if you can and research fixes for that and see if it helps.

If neither of those things work then uninstall and reinstall your wireless card drivers.

If those fail... I'm all out of ideas.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 26, 2009,
Why does your stepdad download pr0n on your laptop?
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Start -> Run -> type in cmd

type the following and hit enter after each line:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Bah, who needs a thread for computer stuff?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

i ment be that your IP adress on your computer isnt synching with your IP coming in, the exact same thing happened to me after i disconnected the LAN and router. it showed perfect connection and everything just wouldnt let me use the interent. a tech can have it fixed in about 10 minutes.
Quote by iceman_bass
this too many computer on one ip

How? I have 3 computers on the same IP and 2 Playstation 3's...
Quote by iceman_bass
this too many computer on one ip

Not going to happen, I have up to 4 machines going through my router at a time, maybe more if I have friends over.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Not going to happen, I have up to 4 machines going through my router at a time, maybe more if I have friends over.

Agreed, I also forgot my 2 friend's laptops... Say for BT it would just give them a custom IP following the 192.168.1. so my PS3 is 192.168.1.76
This used to happen to me. Reinstall all the drivers. That's about it.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.