hey

so im thinkin bout getting my first strat,
ive got 2 super strats already but they are metal guitars
so i want to widen my playing styles, so i figure a strat is the way to go

ive been listening to a lot of biffy clyro and similar bands and i love their sound

but ive no idea what kind of strat to get,

price of got to spend is about £500 dead max,
not sure bout HSS or SSS still

Uk based,
links would be nice,
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Unfortunately I"m not UK based but I can only suggest what I can find on the interweb, but a mexi HSS strat would be good I think (hell, I've got one and I love it). Should come in under 500 as well Imho an HSS strat is one of the most versatile guitars, good humbucker for hard rock and the neck and middle pick-ups offer great softer tones for blues and such

For instance:
http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/fender-standard-stratocaster-sunburstmaple-p-2969.html - £419

I just used www.shopwiki.co.uk to find that... I dunno if it's any good or not

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

Quote by HonorableGoat
Unfortunately I"m not UK based but I can only suggest what I can find on the interweb, but a mexi HSS strat would be good I think (hell, I've got one and I love it). Should come in under 500 as well Imho an HSS strat is one of the most versatile guitars, good humbucker for hard rock and the neck and middle pick-ups offer great softer tones for blues and such

For instance:
http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/fender-standard-stratocaster-sunburstmaple-p-2969.html - £419

I just used www.shopwiki.co.uk to find that... I dunno if it's any good or not

mexican strats r good but if u wanna spend a little more i suggest looking at a highway one. they r the cheapest of the american made ones.
Go SSS. Only do HSS for the tonal properties of humbuckers (rounder and warmer tone), not the output. Balancing the output of the single coils and the humbuckers is hard. And if you do, you'll probably get a low-medium output humbucker for the bridge if you don't want to sacrifice the single coil tone by getting some high output pickups. And you already have a couple superstrats.
My dean strat is HSS so the strat would probs be SSS. I might see if I can find a good deal on a highway one SSS strat tho. Seems like a good option

Thanks guys
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals