Im going to air brush some stuff on my guitar faceplate but i have a hitch going on.
i want to know if its possible to take the nob for the tone switch near the volume, off without destroying it.
I was hoping you could go with me and when you went with me we could hold hands and I could call you my real girlfriend.
Last edited by loonybin at Aug 26, 2009,
yeah. take a flathead screwdriver or something, stick it under and push up. Then simply pull it off.
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
depends on what kind of guitar u have. some u can pry off with a screwdriver while others unscrew.
yeah. pull it off unless it's the kind with a set screw in which you loosen the set screw then pull it off.
Quote by loonybin
Im going to air brush some stuff on my guitar faceplate but i have a hitch going on.
i want to know if its possible to take the nob for the tone switch near the volume, off without destroying it.
What's a "tone switch"? Do you mean tone control?

What is "your guitar"?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
What's a "tone switch"? Do you mean tone control?

What is "your guitar"?

And while we're on the subject, please tell me you're disassembling the guitar and stripping/sanding at least some of the clearcoat off before you spray it? Failure to do so will result in either an airbrushed design that doesn't stay on for long, or a guitar that is stupid heavy if you try to spray another few coats on top. And then still probably won't stick.
Alright ill try to explain this a bit more clearly
the stwitch near the tone and volume nobs. NOT THE NOBS
it is a metal prong that has a nob at the top. Im not sure if this is made completly into the guitar so that it won't com,e out. but i was wondering if ill have to take side cutters to it or i can take off by jimmying it.

hopfully thats more clear
probably should've spent more time explaining the first time.

the guitar is like a stratocaster style with a faceplate pickgaurd
I was hoping you could go with me and when you went with me we could hold hands and I could call you my real girlfriend.
Let me get this your wondering how to take the 3way or 5way pickup switch and removing the little cone like knob on it so you can remove the switch completely?.........Yes it should pull off but its a tough fight I'll tell you that. And second "Im not sure if this is made completly into the guitar so that it won't com,e out" EHHHH wha!!!
I think i got the idea of what you wanted but I don't know why you want to do this. So i can't help you any more.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
hes talking about the pots i think...
until i have an idea NO SIG!
Gear:
Schecter c-1 Hellraiser
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Fender frontman 25r
Korg AX10G
Digitech Grunge
some old zoom muli effect

yes im a lefty
Quote by Unherolike
Let me get this your wondering how to take the 3way or 5way pickup switch and removing the little cone like knob on it so you can remove the switch completely?.........Yes it should pull off but its a tough fight I'll tell you that. And second "Im not sure if this is made completly into the guitar so that it won't com,e out" EHHHH wha!!!
I think i got the idea of what you wanted but I don't know why you want to do this. So i can't help you any more.

ya thats the basic i dea. I wanted to completely remove the face plate so i could transport it away to a good place to paint. I can already remove the rest of the dodads from it so thats all i needed.
thanks