I have been practicing this song for 3 days and I can nail every note except this pinch harmonic they play in a riff (00:41 on the CD). 6th string, 3rd fret, Drop C tuning. The tuning is jacking me up. Is there an easier location I can hit this note? And does playing through a cranked high powered amp help(only have a crappy practice amp right now)? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
I actually find pinch harmonics easiest on the lowest 4-5 frets on the low E string easiest... You just need plenty of gain/distortion
put your pickups as bright as you can get. yes they have it very loud

it takes a ton of practice, and you wont be able to hit it every time until you master it, and even then

its an aggressive harmonic since its on the heaviest string. meaning you have to hit the string a bit harder than the lighter strings
Quote by razorback84
I have been practicing this song for 3 days and I can nail every note except this pinch harmonic they play in a riff (00:41 on the CD). 6th string, 3rd fret, Drop C tuning. The tuning is jacking me up. Is there an easier location I can hit this note? And does playing through a cranked high powered amp help(only have a crappy practice amp right now)? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, anywhere else that is a Eb note will work.
Quote by Haunt3dAng3l
Yeah, anywhere else that is a Eb note will work.

i would agree, but obviously if you fret an octave higher, your harmonic will be higher, which doesnt give the same effect

but he is right, the note name of the harmonic will be the same if you fret an Eb
Remember, bands usually overdub their harmonics to make them sound amazing.
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
what gauge strings have you got on there ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Draconey
Remember, bands usually overdub their harmonics to make them sound amazing.

KsE might very do so in the studio but I've seen them live a few times and they manage to hit those harmonics with laser precision every time. It helps that they use Splawn Nitros live now and have almost immaculate technique but whatever.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.