I was thinking of goin with this setup here. It's pretty much the BX600 Head with a BRX10.2NEO Cab. Here's the link... http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=SBX210

So what do you think? I play a 5 String Bass so I'm hoping the 10s will be good enough which I think it should be. I want nice Lows and stuff, since I play in a Metal Band. I'll be doing Gigs and playing shows quite often as well.

Your input will be much appreciated, thanks.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
That rig should be ok, though you may want to add a cab later on. That's a 4-ohm cab, so you'll be running 400W. That, and the fact that it's a ported cab, mean that you should have plenty of volume and low end on tap.

As far as the tone, the BX600 handles the B string just fine, and is capable of a very tight sound with it. You'll probably want to crank the drive up a bit though, to give it some dirt.

Overall that's a great rig, but if you can afford it then IMO you'd be much better off grabbing the one below...finding another cab for the 210 rig would be difficult and this one can project itself across much larger stages.
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=SBR210.15
Nope, no sig here.
Well I could always get that 15 later on could I not?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Yeah. You can always get it later, if you don't think the 2x10 is enough.
If 600W through two cabs is enough, you won't have a problem. It usually is. If not, though, you'll have a much bigger problem.

The rig you linked has a 4-ohm cab, which means 400W. With that setup, you can either add another 4-ohm cab, or add an 8-ohm cab that will be drowned out, or add 2 8-ohm cabs and have the 4-ohm cab be drowned out.

The rig I linked has two 8-ohm cabs, which totals to 4-ohm. Same wattage as before, but with more cabs, so more volume. The other difference is that you can add up to two more 8-ohm cabs(or a 4-ohm 810) and everything will balance out. The end product would be much more efficient than the other rig...which is to say, much louder.

Like I said, if you're fine with a max of 2 cabs, go for it, but make sure you won't need to expand anymore.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by Mutant Corn
If 600W through two cabs is enough, you won't have a problem. It usually is. If not, though, you'll have a much bigger problem.

The rig you linked has a 4-ohm cab, which means 400W. With that setup, you can either add another 4-ohm cab, or add an 8-ohm cab that will be drowned out, or add 2 8-ohm cabs and have the 4-ohm cab be drowned out.

The rig I linked has two 8-ohm cabs, which totals to 4-ohm. Same wattage as before, but with more cabs, so more volume. The other difference is that you can add up to two more 8-ohm cabs(or a 4-ohm 810) and everything will balance out. The end product would be much more efficient than the other rig...which is to say, much louder.

Like I said, if you're fine with a max of 2 cabs, go for it, but make sure you won't need to expand anymore.

Actually aren't those cabs 4 ohm each as well?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by Phry
Actually aren't those cabs 4 ohm each as well?

Yeah they are...that's a recent change, apparently. Sorry about that, I need to pay more attention. That rig is still more cost-effective, though.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 27, 2009,
I REALLY recommend you try out any setup with a stand-alone 2x10" cab in it before buying that. Personally, ten inch speakers do not belong as stand-alones in either 210 or 410 configuration (I've never tried 610 and 810s are just a bad idea all together). There's just something not right about that sound. It's missing so much, and if you want lows then a 15" is definitely better to go with. I recommend going with a 15" and if you feel you're missing some high end, then get a 2x10. It's much better in my opinion to be missing some high end than low end.
Well right now I play out of an AMPEG BA-115. I do like the sound of the 15 on that thing. Maybe I should go with a 1x15 then later on upgrade with an additional 2x10... Hmm.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I started with a Peavey 115. But wanted it to be louder, so I added a 2x10.
It's noticeably louder.

I play metal and a 15in has the sound I look for.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I REALLY recommend you try out any setup with a stand-alone 2x10" cab in it before buying that. Personally, ten inch speakers do not belong as stand-alones in either 210 or 410 configuration (I've never tried 610 and 810s are just a bad idea all together). There's just something not right about that sound. It's missing so much, and if you want lows then a 15" is definitely better to go with. I recommend going with a 15" and if you feel you're missing some high end, then get a 2x10. It's much better in my opinion to be missing some high end than low end.

I run that same amp with a 410 just fine...what's the problem? Sure you don't get the same sound, but that doesn't mean that the tone you get is bad. My rig definitely sounded different with an Eden D115 under it, but honestly it would sound just as good with another 410 under there.

That said, I do think TS would be better off with more speakers...a lone 210 isn't terribly efficient.
Nope, no sig here.
Crap, still can't decide. Start with a 15 or a 2x10? Crap... Haha.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
decisions, decisions....heh.

If this helps, part of the reason why the 210 rig is so expensive(for a 210) is because that cab has neodymium speakers, which means it'll be very light weight. If that's a good thing for you, then it's good. If you don't care either way, then you're paying extra for something you don't need.
Nope, no sig here.