Page 1 of 2
ok new movie calle 9. anyone heard of it? Tim Burton directed it. its animated and looks kinda wierd. it comes out 9-9-09. anyone seein it?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Looked kind of neat. I couldn't tell if it was a kids movie or not from the previews.
Seeing as it isn't September 9th, I can't say I've seen it.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Looks good, I plan on seeing it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

The original short film was awesome, and Tim Burton produced it, so I dont see how it could be bad.
...In my opinion.
excuse me produced
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Quote by sporkman7
The trailer had sick music

Oh yeah, they had Welcome Home playing on the commercial.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
anyone else see the parallels to Lord of the Rings? anyone? like how it's just a reworking of the story? with Elijah Wood included?
Quote by mental_zer0
anyone else see the parallels to Lord of the Rings? anyone? like how it's just a reworking of the story? with Elijah Wood included?

please elaborate
DEFINITELY seeing this

its the same as lotr because its nine people and its supposed to be nine insignificant puppets saving all humanity cuz robots killed people... kind of similar pattern to play against. also tolkien was biased against industrializing and robots took over in nine

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by TheReverend724
please elaborate

From what i've read about the story/backstory, here we go:

The Chancellor (Sauron) hires the scientist to create the B.R.A.I.N (the One Ring, slightly reworked) which he then uses as a tool of war. duh.

He uses the B.R.A.I.N. (ring) to create the Fabrication machine (convert Saruman) which he uses to secretly create soliders for his army to take over the world (Saruman and the Uruk-Hai, anyone?). The Scientist creates (gathers) 9 people (fellowship- Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Sam, Merry, Pippin) whose task is to destroy the B.R.A.I.N.

Sounds like LoTR to me.
Quote by mental_zer0

The Chancellor (Sauron) hires the scientist to create the B.R.A.I.N (the One Ring, slightly reworked) which he then uses as a tool of war. duh.

He uses the B.R.A.I.N. (ring) to create the Fabrication machine (convert Saruman) which he uses to secretly create soliders for his army to take over the world (Saruman and the Uruk-Hai, anyone?). The Scientist creates (gathers) 9 people (fellowship- Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Sam, Merry, Pippin) whose task is to destroy the B.R.A.I.N.

Sounds like LoTR to me.

holy ****.
Quote by TisPyon
please stop im watching it just cause Coheed is on the soundtrack lol

i'll probably still see it, but will be biased against it.

Quote by mental_zer0

Sounds like LoTR to me.

Quote by mental_zer0

Sounds like LoTR to me.

hmm, yeah it does

wow
I've been kinda interested in this movie since I first heard of it, looks really cool and unique, and now that I found out it has a PG-13 rating it's put off my fear of it being to kiddy.

also Welcome Home by Coheed & Cambria in the trailer is FTW
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
wrongz
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Last edited by Syndromity at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by DeltaFunk
I've been kinda interested in this movie since I first heard of it, looks really cool and unique, and now that I found out it has a PG-13 rating it's put off my fear of it being to kiddy.

also Welcome Home by Coheed & Cambria in the trailer is FTW

+10000
Quote by Syndromity
I stopped watching at the music, and considering Chicago was a musical (although the play was ****ing hilarious and full of win) I will not be going to see "Nine" because it will be a musical.

I actually wanted to see this movie, until I found out it was a musical. I can't stand musicals
Also 2 of the numbers, not sure which, are like twins/really close, sort of like a merry and pippin kind of thing.

I dunno how accurate it is just remembered it from commercial.

Musical, damn, I wasn't really planning on seeing it anyway.

So what its not a musical?
Last edited by stevve at Aug 27, 2009,
Tim Burton is becoming overrated IMO. Also, the LOTR parallels are a mindf*ck.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by Syndromity
Just because the link didn't work

ine is a 2009 American musical film directed by Rob Marshall. The screenplay, by the late Anthony Minghella and Michael Tolkin (although Minghella receives sole credit), is based on Arthur Kopit's book for the 1982 Tony Award-winning musical of the same name, which was derived from an Italian play by Mario Fratti inspired by Federico Fellini's autobiographical film 8½. Maury Yeston composed the music and wrote the lyrics for the songs. The film is scheduled to be released in the US on November 25, 2009.[1]

Sorry to kill everyone's excitement.

But the fact the director did Chicago should have been a dead give away

wrong movie lol the movie everyone else is talking about is 9 the one produced by Tim Burton
Quote by Syndromity
Just because the link didn't work

ine is a 2009 American musical film directed by Rob Marshall. The screenplay, by the late Anthony Minghella and Michael Tolkin (although Minghella receives sole credit), is based on Arthur Kopit's book for the 1982 Tony Award-winning musical of the same name, which was derived from an Italian play by Mario Fratti inspired by Federico Fellini's autobiographical film 8½. Maury Yeston composed the music and wrote the lyrics for the songs. The film is scheduled to be released in the US on November 25, 2009.[1]

Sorry to kill everyone's excitement.

But the fact the director did Chicago should have been a dead give away

WAIT! There's still hope. That's for the movie "Nine"

Here's the wiki for "9"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_(2009_film)

9 is an upcoming animated action/fantasy film directed by Shane Acker and produced by Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov, director of Wanted. It is based on Acker's Academy Award-nominated short film of the same name. Although CGI, the movie will have a stylized look resembling stop motion.[1] The screenplay was written by Shane Acker, Ben Gluck, and Pamela Pettler, co-writer of Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. Casting for this film was done by Mindy Marin, production design by Robert St. Pierre and Fred Warter, and art direction by Christophe Vacher. The film has been rated PG-13 by the MPAA for violence and scary images.[2][3] In the U.K, the film has been rated 12A by the BBFC for moderate sustained threat.[1]
Nothing mentioned about it being a musical, I think
Quote by stevve
Also 2 of the numbers, not sure which, are like twins/really close, sort of like a merry and pippin kind of thing.

I dunno how accurate it is just remembered it from commercial.

Musical, damn, I wasn't really planning on seeing it anyway.

So what its not a musical?

yeah experiments 3 and 4 are 'twins' in some sense and they are childish, like merry and pippin. tho really merry and pippin aren't twins. but you get the idea.

plus, ****ing Elijah Wood is doing the voice of the "Frodo" character. WTF? that's just shameless.
Quote by mental_zer0
yeah experiments 3 and 4 are 'twins' in some sense and they are childish, like merry and pippin. tho really merry and pippin aren't twins. but you get the idea.

plus, ****ing Elijah Wood is doing the voice of the "Frodo" character. WTF? that's just shameless.

Ya I realise there not twins, but it does kinda go along with it.

Also isn't there a big ass stubby one with an axe? Gimli, I don't remember much else from the commercial though.
Anyway sorry about the confusion (I blame apple for sending me to the wrong page)

Anywho,

looking at the trailer for 9

I still don't plan on seeing it

1. it's CG
2. it looks like its for kids
3. tim burtons past movies have been chilidish and unamusing imo.

Waiting till march for alice in wonderland to come out.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Page 1 of 2