Here's a dumb question. I am getting a pre made neck off warmoth, and it gives you the option for the Floyd rose locking nut. The exact term they use is "R4 Flyd Prep,Mtng Hls". I have no idea what that means, so if someone could fill me in on the abbreviations there, and also, is it worth the extra $45 I am getting a Floyd Rose for sure, but do I NEED that extra $45 thing? I need the locking nut, but I know one comes with the Floyd rose, and now I am confused. lol
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
looks like floyd prep mounting holes. so i would say they predrill the holes you need to mount the floyd locking nut. you probably need it.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
oh ok. Do they give you the locking nut too? Or just drill the holes?
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
that, i do not know.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by Knightmare444
The exact term they use is "R4 Flyd Prep,Mtng Hls". I have no idea what that means, so if someone could fill me in on the abbreviations there,

R-4 = 1-11/16" Nut-Width Wide
Flyd Prep,Mtng Hls = milling and drilling the neck to accommodate the locking nut.
Quote by Knightmare444
oh ok. Do they give you the locking nut too? Or just drill the holes?
Just the prep work, they don't give you the nut.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
ok, thanks. And for the sake of not making another thread, here is another question. The body I want to make only has a 5-way switch available, but I am only using 2 humbuckers, and not coil splitting or whatever. Is it possible to wire a 5 way switch to be a 3-way switch? Where the neck/middle and bridge/middle positions just dont do anything?
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
ok, thanks. And for the sake of not making another thread, here is another question. The body I want to make only has a 5-way switch available, but I am only using 2 humbuckers, and not coil splitting or whatever. Is it possible to wire a 5 way switch to be a 3-way switch? Where the neck/middle and bridge/middle positions just dont do anything?
You could use a tele style 3-way. Looks exactly the same on the outside as a strat 5-way.

Wire either one, just like a tele.
If you use the 5-way, you'll get

Bridge
Bridge+Neck
Bridge+Neck
Bridge+Neck
Neck
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Ok yeah, that works. I prefer the 3 way switch personally, but I also prefer the Strat style of switch. On my LP, I tend to accidently switch pick ups mid song all the time lol
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War