What are primary differences between to the two? I can never get a straight answer.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
The USA Muff is more of a fuzz with distortion characteristics while the Russian Muff is more of a fuzzy distortion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
All I know is that David Gilmour uses the Russian Big Muff Pi, and his tone is pretty much the bible for tone.

After a bit of googling, apparantly the Russian has authentic Germanium Transistors and the USA doesn't? Correct me If I'm wrong.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by joe_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXcpqldmg_8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbzsbc_vqVw
have a listen for yourself.

EDIT: i'm pretty sure they both use silicon transistors. but i might be wrong too.

I was on those vids earlier. The Russian appealed to me but I just wanted to know the underlying differences.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
russian=fuzz-ish distortion
american=fuzzy fuzz. also a billion times harsher
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I'm going to GC tomorrow and I noticed they got a Russian Big Muff recently, I'll compare them if you'd like.

Personally without playing either I would go for the Russian just for cool factor and I think it looks way better
I have a huge fear if rays.
Russian Muff is darker sounding, scooped mids, and not quite so fuzzy, I prefer it to be honest.
The russian one is a bit smoother - not as harsh sounding.

EDIT
Quote by greenwoodfan93
Russian Muff is darker sounding, scooped mids, and not quite so fuzzy, I prefer it to be honest.

Both of them have scooped mids, the only one that has the option to not scoop the midrange is the tone wicker muff.
***Short Sig***
Last edited by [= Tom =] at Aug 27, 2009,