I've got a Mesa Express 5:25 right now, but I'm not too happy with it. I really like the cleans, but the dist is just eh. The 5watt/25watt switching is one of the big reasons why I got it, because I only play at home now, but I just wanted to be ready in case I joined a band or something. And now thinking of the future if I actually do join a band, I really don't wanna be carrying around a combo. Anyway, it's not I liked the amp :/

So yeah, suggest me some heads with different wattage settings, which has has good cleans for jazz (I might get in jazz band next year, but that also means I might not, so yeah, not a priority, but still important), and modern rock to heavy rock and maybe some metal.

My budget is around $400/500 cash, plus my combo, which will probably go for around 800. So roughly $1300. Although I can push a little more, if you suggest me something I'll fall in love with..

I have considered Mesa Mark IV, but that's a little above my price range to buy a cab with it
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
Egnater Tourmaster. The head is $1300 so it's a little over, but if you can save a little longer it will totally be worth it. It has 4 channels, each with a vintage/modern switch. And each channel has 3 power settings. I think it goes 10W-25W-50W or 25W-50W-100W. Either of those is controlled by a full power/half power switch.
I have a huge fear if rays.
^ The tourmaster is up your alley,

also you can look into "pulling tubes" if you buy a different head, it's a technique that allows you to pull the two middle tube of an amp to get it less loud and breakup faster. Search it up on google.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Mark III then?

But then again, i'm a Mesa fanboy. I haven't heard to many good things about the Egnater though, even though i have never heard it in person.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Mark III then?

But then again, i'm a Mesa fanboy. I haven't heard to many good things about the Egnater though, even though i have never heard it in person.

I've heard so much good stuff about Mark IV, I don't know much about Mark III. Have you tried it out? How does it compare to the Mark IV? I've never heard of the Egnater also, but I'll look into it

Any more suggestions please?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
Quote by TOMMYB22
Mark III then?

Do you mean you've heard bad things about the Egnater? Or you haven't heard anything about it? I'm fairly sure it's a pretty new model, but I don't know.

I've spent an hour or so with one at GC and I love it.
I have a huge fear if rays.