i was playing my guitar and then all the sudden i played this note 000xxx my guitar was drop d... and it shocked me on the xxx where i placed my middle finger... it was a horrible shock.. made my veins pop out almost... any ideas on why that happened?
earthing issue maybe? was it storming outside?
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
Wow that's a weird story dude, maybe the guitar was badly wired ?

EDIT :
Quote by say5ss2
earthing issue maybe? was it storming outside?

That would make sense.
Quote by metalgirl0
Then maybe you wired something wrong when putting the new pups

could that be it? i switched to the neck pickups and it didnt it again =( and i didnt mess wit does they are stock =(
Well i think u said it ur self, maybe something wrong with the new wiring then...Better re check that before ur guitar gets hauled off to the FBI for murder in the first degree...(wat a waste of a guitar that would be)
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
Quote by RockxxStar
could that be it? i switched to the neck pickups and it didnt it again =( and i didnt mess wit does they are stock =(

It probably is. The most likely situation here is that you didn't solder all the wires in the right place and fashion.

I'd suggest having someone, who is qualified, look at it and sort it out, before it happens again.
Quote by Y00p
It probably is. The most likely situation here is that you didn't solder all the wires in the right place and fashion.

I'd suggest having someone, who is qualified, look at it and sort it out, before it happens again.

could be also.. my hands where a bit sweaty for playing for a while.. and i was wearing no shoes.. =S and i was standing up?
Quote by RockxxStar
could be also.. my hands where a bit sweaty for playing for a while.. and i was wearing no shoes.. =S and i was standing up?

Hah, sure. On a carpet floor, constantly shuffeling your feet in pure orgasmic guitar-playing?

No man, have the wiring checked out. If you've wired it wrong, if one wire is even touching something metal in the wrong place, it will be very annoying, and possibly could be dangerous as well.
I'd say to have it checked out.

However, I'd suspect its either:
1. grounding issue with your amp
2. electrical current from that outlet was out of phase with the other outlets. However this wouldn't make sense unless you touch another electrical appliance.

Electrical currents don't generally travel back to your guitar, do it does happen.

The other possibility is that you didn't solder the grounding wires back properly, or they snapped at the connection when you were swapping the pups.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by Y00p
Hah, sure. On a carpet floor, constantly shuffeling your feet in pure orgasmic guitar-playing?

No man, have the wiring checked out. If you've wired it wrong, if one wire is even touching something metal in the wrong place, it will be very annoying, and possibly could be dangerous as well.

I second that. If u get em checked, the pro will probably fix it, so you and your guitar won't be in danger anymore It won't be expensive I think though.
Quote by RockxxStar
i was playing my guitar and then all the sudden i played this note 000xxx my guitar was drop d... and it shocked me on the xxx where i placed my middle finger... it was a horrible shock.. made my veins pop out almost... any ideas on why that happened?

By any chance did you stick your lead in a power socket???
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Last edited by hendrixftw at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by RockxxStar

Wait. Your guitar shocked you and you just go and play it again? +1, You've got a large pair there.

I'd just take it to a shop and see if it'd shock the store guys too. AC/DC would then probably love a guitar like that.

/badjokes
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Make sure that you grounded it correctly. Check the guitar with another amp. If it's the amp, you'll have to get it repaired or get a new one.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by RockxxStar
well its an epiphone g400 i installed some pups could that be why?

Most definitely, make sure you wired it correctly. Google is your friend there if nobody here can help.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Grounding issue, I'd assume. My buddy had a trashy old tele that was wired to the bridge, and if he played long enough, as static charge would build and shock him... wasn't anything terrible though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER