Pretty much what it says in the title.

I wrote the lyrics during an exam that I finished way too early, after being inspired by a silly conversation the night before.

This morning I was having a jam to the drum loops on my digitech and I came up with the perfect thing to go with the lyrics.

I'd say it's probably GWAR inspired, since I've been listening to them a lot lately.
Attachments:
Kowz at Dawn.zip
It blew my mind when, after reading it 100 times I realised kowz = cows.

Anyway, this has some great riffs and could end up being a really good song, but I think a bit more could have been done with it. Just a few drum fills, or variations on the riffs would improve it I think.

The transition from intro to bridge 1 was a bit sudden, the tempo pretty much quadruples. I'd suggest putting a drum fill or something in there.

Bridge 1 was probably my favourite riff in the song, but it seemed slightly dissapointing how it just repeated. I could imagine it working well if the second time it's played, the second guitar harmonised or played an octave above.

The chorus and bridge 2 have the accents on slightly unusual beats, I think that builds up some tension that doesn't really get released. You could have an awesome headbangable section if, maybe before verse 3 or as an outro, you played bridge 2 again but with a more standard drum beat.

Just some ideas anyway. The riffs were awesome, but they could use some variation.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 28, 2009,
haha this was actually pretty sweet dude. Please make the vocals gutteral and totally brutal.
I was thinking more like thrash vocals, with the occasional falsetto.

Or just all out power metal.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I was thinking more like thrash vocals, with the occasional falsetto.

Or just all out power metal.

I can hear that judas priest scream (falsetto) for "at dawn", lol Cows....AT DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Needs more Cowbell

*drum roll*
*snare*
*laugh track*

All hilarity aside this is a nice song.

I think it needs Into Eternity style lyrics though. Growling and insanely high falsetto.

Especially falsetto in the chorus.
Last edited by Squares at Aug 30, 2009,