What order do you put the strings on on a reverse headstock (eg. Epiphone firebird stuidio)?
***Short Sig***
Last edited by [= Tom =] at Aug 27, 2009,
Doesn't matter one bit.
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
[quote="'[= Tom ="]']What order do you put the strings on on a reverse headstock (eg. Epiphone girebird stuidio)?
The order shouldn't really matter, but I always start with the low E; whether it's 6 in line, reversed or 3+3.

Just make sure you don't have too much or too little windings, and try to take the string to the peg as straight as possible.
Quote by Y00p
The order shouldn't really matter, but I always start with the low E; whether it's 6 in line, reversed or 3+3.

Just make sure you don't have too much or too little windings, and try to take the string to the peg as straight as possible.

This, but I start with the high E.
I don't think it makes much difference.
Quote by 1010011010
This, but I start with the high E.
I don't think it makes much difference.

And may I ask, why do you start with the higher e?

I always figured, the fattest strings have the most tension so the longer they are on the neck before I want to play, the better it can 'get used to it', so to speak.
But I just checked and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in tension between different strings...

So, is it all just preference here then?
I personally always start with the heaviest string. Makes sense really.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I take em all off at once and give the guitar a clean.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I think it's all a matter of preference. Start with the low E string, and if that doesn't work. Then you should know the answer.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄