can't decide.. on the one hand cool phone with gps, which would (for me) be incredibly usefull, but i got to splash out £90 and be stuck in a £35 contract for 2 years... or i could get a cheap £20 phone and have no contract.... i don't know, what does the pit say?
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Get an iphone brah
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
iPhone =
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
i have a phone. it makes calls. it was free. good phone.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by bloke
can't decide.. on the one hand cool phone with gps, which would (for me) be incredibly usefull, but i got to splash out £90 and be stuck in a £35 contract for 2 years... or i could get a cheap £20 phone and have no contract.... i don't know, what does the pit say?

Also, you are aware that a basic TomTom One costs about £90 - £100 right?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by ajreciever14
i have a phone. it makes calls. it was free. good phone.

i can't belive someone actualy took MightyAL's advice
JacK!
Quote by metacarpi
Also, you are aware that a basic TomTom One costs about £90 - £100 right?

its not for in the car or anything, and i need it to be able to access google maps, and the internet.... iphone does have a lot of functions that will help me out... there just so bloody expensive
Quote by MastaBassist10

I have an iPhone myself, and I'm very pleased with it.. Especially after jailbreaking it and getting apps for free, profit

It's the best phone I've had since Nokia 3210!
3210 kicks ass..

Anyways, you wont regret buying an iPhone!
I only have one guitar, sue me..
Everyone with an iPhone turns into a toolbag who gets it out and plays with it at every goddamn opportunity instead of making social contact, so get a normal phone.
Quote by SmarterChild
Everyone with an iPhone turns into a toolbag who gets it out and plays with it at every goddamn opportunity instead of making social contact, so get a normal phone.

Can't afford one? :/
Not all people act all douchy about their expensive ****..
Quote by Love is Insane
Can't afford one? :/
Not all people act all douchy about their expensive ****..

I could afford one, I'd just rather not turn into a twat. Anyway, my phone makes calls and texts. That's all I need it for, so why should I need to spend more money on something that'll let me play a crappy game or check my facebook when it's really not necessary?
Quote by SmarterChild
I could afford one, I'd just rather not turn into a twat. Anyway, my phone makes calls and texts. That's all I need it for, so why should I need to spend more money on something that'll let me play a crappy game or check my facebook when it's really not necessary?

Well, I bought one to eliminate the need to carry around both an iPod and a phone, and since I travel alot in my job it's really nice to have a phone that plays videos and has a sweet 3G connection

Everyone has their own taste and buying an iPhone doesn't turn you into a twat, if buying one would make you a twat then you're already a twat to begin with..
Quote by Love is Insane
I have an iPhone myself, and I'm very pleased with it.. Especially after jailbreaking it and getting apps for free, profit

It's the best phone I've had since Nokia 3210!
3210 kicks ass..

Anyways, you wont regret buying an iPhone!

I know several people who HATE their iPhone, regretting they ever got one. I can't judge, I don't have one nor do I plan on buying one.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by CliffIsAngry
I know several people who HATE their iPhone, regretting they ever got one. I can't judge, I don't have one nor do I plan on buying one.

Well if he's thinking of buying one he's probably a fan of other apple products, if you already hate apple you will hate iPhone
Quote by Love is Insane
Well if he's thinking of buying one he's probably a fan of other apple products, if you already hate apple you will hate iPhone

again that's up for discussion.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
The phrase I've heard tons of times about the iPhone: "It's the perfect phone for someone who doesn't really use the phone".
It's so true, I've hardly used the normal phone features on it, but then again, I never really have.

I wanted to have access to the internet without having to sit at my PC, and I CBA with laptops, so it's perfect for me.

I have a guitar tuner on it and a metronome. I can check cinema showings and pretty much ANY other convenience with a couple of taps. Email + Skype with me at all times.
Ebay + paypal. SatNav. So many radio stations it's unreal and my mp3s for when I'm travelling somewhere not in my car.

I've never had a contract phone in my life (I'm 29) and only ever topped my phone up perhaps £10-20 once every 4 or 5 months. I figure that the money I haven't spent in the past has allowed me to justify my £29p/m contract.

---

TL;DR - Are you going to actually use the thing or do you just need a phone? That's the only question you need to ask yourself.
404: Sig not found.
pfft if you want a gps phone, you could get it for way cheaper.
my brother has an iphone and it's really not worth the money, he only has it because he got it for free and his work pays the phone bill...
plenty of great quality phones available for way cheaper, just do some research; find out what features you want, and how cheap you can get a phone with those features for.
also, touch screens aren't as great as they're made out to be, usually inconvenient and can sometimes be unresponsive.
cheap phone ftw, Iphone if way to over the top for anyone to use.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Get a cheap phone and an ipod touch, unless you really need to be able to get online on the move
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by metacarpi

ah well, thats what warranties are for.... hardly the first phone to break or fall apart for no reason

but cheers for the advice dudes, i'm still undecided... there are a lot of functions that would be handy on the iphone i think for me.... but its another £10 a week nearly i'm going to be forking out for the bastard... so.... meh...
Quote by MastaBassist10

Quote by Bendybaws
Get a cheap phone and an ipod touch

really dude? an iPod Touch alone is like $200, and then you don't even have a phone. A 16gig iPhone 3GS is like $80 with a plan, and you get both a phone and an iPod Touch in one expense...

p.s. iPhone if you can spare the money. I'm on my second now (didn't break, I switched from 3G to 3GS) and while you may think now that you won't use all the apps and internet-stuff, you will when you have one, trust me on it.

I work at an IT-company where we have many types of mobiles in use, and the iPhone is by far the most userfriendly. Never had one come back broken aswell, a thing I can't say for all the other models we have. The exploding iPhones you hear about are from people that leave the phones in their car, under the glass, on a hot summer's day with GPS software running. Anyone with a bit of common sense will never have one break, and even then you're a 2min restore away from a once again working phone.

tl;dr buy an iphone
Last edited by chrisheid at Aug 27, 2009,