Ok, so my band have been doing some recording today & in the section of a song where it drops down to just the drums & bass, the tech distorted the hell out of my bass sound (love distorted bass & it sounded noice) & applied a Temolo effect to it, & that sounded amazing! So, with me knowing next to nothing about Tremolos, can you guys suggest to me some to try out, I'm after something that is a pretty harsh/hard Tremolo sound (square wave, I think) with a lard speed sweep.

Also, my phaser is acting up, the output jack is creating alot of noise & breaking the curcuit when I turn it on/off, so I may be replacing that if I can't repaire it, in a phaser I want something with a large, slow sweep.

For price, I'm thinking upto about £90 UK (sort of Phase 90 money)

If anyone can suggest some to try out when I'm next in guitar shops, it'd be much appreciated.

(Yes, I know I'm a bass player, but modulation type effects don't suck any low end (in general) so I thought I'd get better ideas here than in the bass forum)

Edit: I was just having a look at the Eventide ModFactor, has anyone had experiance with this pedal? How's the sound quality?
Last edited by higgins666 at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by higgins666
Ok, so my band have been doing some recording today & in the section of a song where it drops down to just the drums & bass, the tech distorted the hell out of my bass sound (love distorted bass & it sounded noice) & applied a Temolo effect to it, & that sounded amazing! So, with me knowing next to nothing about Tremolos, can you guys suggest to me some to try out, I'm after something that is a pretty harsh/hard Tremolo sound (square wave, I think) with a lard speed sweep.

Also, my phaser is acting up, the output jack is creating alot of noise & breaking the curcuit when I turn it on/off, so I may be replacing that if I can't repaire it, in a phaser I want something with a large, slow sweep.

For price, I'm thinking upto about £90 UK (sort of Phase 90 money)

If anyone can suggest some to try out when I'm next in guitar shops, it'd be much appreciated.

(Yes, I know I'm a bass player, but modulation type effects don't suck any low end (in general) so I thought I'd get better ideas here than in the bass forum)

Edit: I was just having a look at the Eventide ModFactor, has anyone had experiance with this pedal? How's the sound quality?

Okay, nightraven posted a link to your thread to help you out.
First of all, a LOT of modulation effects actually DO take away low-end, especially the ones designed for guitar, if you want to use those. But of course, there are exceptions.

Anyways, about the ModFactor, you ARE aware that it costs a bundle of money, right? If you're looking for a phaser in the range of 90 Pounds, then it's hard to imagine you'd be willing to lay down £300+ for a ModFactor? [I just googled randomly for a price: http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Eventide-Modfactor~ID~6459.asp]
For that price you imagine the price quality to be stellar. And yes, it is. Eventide is one of the leading experts on pitch shifting and delays and whilst the ModFactor doesn't have delays or pitch shifting modules, it's off the same quality as their rack stuff. It's useful, sounds great, is a great live tool as well. It's a charm having the ability to store presets etc. Everything on the unit is stellar though I don't use everything. I use light flange and different types of chorus'. I'm not a huge fan of tremolo, though it can be cool sometimes, absolutely! And let's not forget the signature 'Undulator' effect, it can be useful!

In short, look around YouTube/the internet and look/listen to some demo's, see if you like it and if you're willingly to spend that much on a pedal. If you've got the cash, then yes, it's worth it.
Social Media:
| | |

Music:
-
Organic Ambient / Post-Rock

-
Post-Metal / Sludge / Post-Rock
Last edited by DemoColorScheme at Aug 29, 2009,