Is there any way I can get my bridge pickup to sound a bit brighter? Such as increasing or decreasing the height, or slanting it? Anything else other than EQing and other amp related settings?
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Raise the pickup on one side i guess? i.e. near the high e string to increase the output of the higher strings.

Dunno if this is possible for you, but coil tapping can also increase brightness.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Add treble on your amps EQ, and turn the tone knob up to the max. It may help to raise the pickups (increases their output - I don't know if it makes them brighter)
Also, you can change the pots in your guitar to 250k if they are at 500k. I believe that this will brighten up your tone. (if your using singlecoils, I dunno about humbuckers)
Weekend Warrior
Do you even use the tone control? If not, disconect it. It's not like it's hard to put it back on.

And get an EQ pedal.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
He said bright, Not treble.

Could you answer a few questions first, OP? First, What is your rig? What guitar do you play, what amp do you use, I even want to know if you've modified them and I want to know what cable you use because high quality cables make a difference.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Fender TBX tone pot system. Don't flame me for it because its awesome. For $15 and an hour work, you can solder in a TBX and have your pups as dark or as bright as you can stand them at the twist of a tone knob. I have one in my Warmoth Strat and it can honestly do anything I want..metal to blues. Reggae to doom. Let the flamage begin.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by Gargoyle2500
He said bright, Not treble.

Could you answer a few questions first, OP? First, What is your rig? What guitar do you play, what amp do you use, I even want to know if you've modified them and I want to know what cable you use because high quality cables make a difference.

It's just with my Yamaha guitar that I'd like a bit more brightness. It's an RGX 520fz, dual humbucker guitar (all standard) with a mahogany body and maple top. I've got another guitar with the same specs lying around that sounds a lot brighter. This is an old Ibanez AR100, from 1980 made in Japan... Obviously this guitar is of a higher standard than my Yamaha, but the Yamaha just lacks brightness. It always sounds a bit too dark too my liking, even with the tone control open and then treble settings maxed out on my amps... (It's on all amps). Maybe I need new pick ups? Or a new pot?
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by miketheslut
Fender TBX tone pot system. Don't flame me for it because its awesome. For $15 and an hour work, you can solder in a TBX and have your pups as dark or as bright as you can stand them at the twist of a tone knob. I have one in my Warmoth Strat and it can honestly do anything I want..metal to blues. Reggae to doom. Let the flamage begin.

agreed i have a tbx installed on my bridge and middle pickups on my strat. definately boosts the treble compared to the neck pickup.
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Also, you can change the pots in your guitar to 250k if they are at 500k. I believe that this will brighten up your tone. (if your using singlecoils, I dunno about humbuckers)

I thought it works the other way to what you said [unless that's for 'buckers?].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
you can also swap to higher value pots, the higher the value the brighter. If you're feeling bold try 1 meg.