I've been wanting a new guitar for a while and I've been looking at the PRS Tremonti SE for months now. I'm not too crazy about a signature guitar, but he is one of my favorite guitarists, so I figured it was alright. All I read about this guitar are great things. Anyone have any experience with it? Should I go for it now that I can finally afford it?

Also, I only own one other guitar, a fender strat that I purchased at a local sam ash years ago. The Tremonti SE is not in any local stores I've looked in so it looks like I'd have to buy it online. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've seen it the cheapest at american music supply, who seem to be legit. What should I look out for if I get it online? Do I need to get it set up immediately?

Thanks guys
Signature equipment are just a way for the artist to gain more money.
ONLY buy one IF you have played it and it is better than any other guitars you have tried.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
Signature equipment are just a way for the artist to gain more money.
ONLY buy one IF you have played it and it is better than any other guitars you have tried.

^ exactly this. these guys get a percentage of all the revenue generated, and half the time the work isn't on par with the price tag, especially with the SE series.
If it's the purple prs with bat inlays I think guitar center carries them. I've seen it at mine and at their website
No it's black with dot inlays. That's one of the main problems...I've not been able to find one in a store so I haven't been able to try it out...the main reason why I'm asking if anyone has had any experience with it.
AMS is legit.

you can also use the price from that company to negotiate a lower price at MF site, as they match prices.

you might not have to set it up, but you can return guitars on their dime, if there's a problem with them. you just need to send for a free shipping return label.

and lastly, what amp are you using now?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm using a Marshall Zakk Wylde MG15MSZW Microstack Amp. I just recently picked it up because it will actually fit in the room I play in.
i'm not a fan of mg tone. but if you're happy with it then ok cool.

i'm just going to suggest that you don't amass too many guitars before eventually updating the amp situation.

the tone difference wt the new guitar isnt going to be as amazing as it would be with a different level amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I didn't think it would be. Like I said I got a fender strat as my first real electric (a yamaha before it) on a whim years ago. I'd just like a new guitar. Something with a different feel. Also I play more heavy stuff than anything and my strat is a bright yellow color. haha...It'd be nice to have something a little more "made for metal". If there are any other suggestions as to what would be a good guitar in the $500ish price range, I'm all ears. I was just thinking about the PRS because almost every review in every category I've seen has given it 5 stars.
a lot of guys fall in love with schecter.

personally i've had two. nice workmanship.

washburn also has some nice models.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

they come in black or silver. its the only prs with an uncovered bridge pickup. the se is nothing like the signature model. I almost bought a tremonti se as my first guitar. people hot rod them with the real prs tremonti pickups a lot. its actually not a prs its a "world musical intruments china" brand guitar. look at the back of the headstock you'll see. its under license from prs and mark scumonti. pickups wil run you $220 - $240 plus installation.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Alright well I'll start looking around at some schecters and washburns to start off then. If anyone has any other suggests for that price range, I'm open to them.
The main thing is to play before you buy. I tried a MIM strat in a shop and when I was not really sure what I wanted. It sounded and felt good so I bought it.
I played the tremonti, hated it.

It felt really cheap, like a beginner epiphone.

Way better guitars for the price.
Quote by Tedward
I played the tremonti, hated it.

It felt really cheap, like a beginner epiphone.

Way better guitars for the price.

Is there any way I can trouble you for a suggested better guitar for the price? Everyone keeps saying that...what would be something better?

Thus far I've been recommended ESP LTD ECs, schecters and washburns...what about ibanez?