Are the Boss GT Pro and Digitech GSP 1101 worth the extra cash you pay over a GT-10/RP 1000? The GT/RP costs USD 500. Either of the first two rack ones I mentioned will hit USD 800 after buying footswithes/expression pedals.
I much prefer the less tapdancing of the rack effects. I find they also tend to sound better, but that is all opinion.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I much prefer the less tapdancing of the rack effects. I find they also tend to sound better, but that is all opinion.

+1

Im clearing out my board as we speak...
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Worth-paying-USD300-more better?

It's not only better you have to consider. These rack FX processors integrate a lot more features usually, such as MIDI and expression control etc.

I can control a rack full of FX units with one floor board.

For example

If I want a compressor, delay, reverb, and a pitch detune set for my channel 1 (Blackface module) I can do that with 1 click of a button, rather than stepping on the compressor, stepping on the delay, stepping on the reverb, and stepping on the pitch detune and THEN finally changing to channel 1.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
It's not only better you have to consider. These rack FX processors integrate a lot more features usually, such as MIDI and expression control etc.

For example

If I want a compressor, delay, reverb, and a pitch detune set for my channel 1 (Blackface module) I can do that with 1 click of a button, rather than stepping on the compressor, stepping on the delay, stepping on the reverb, and stepping on the pitch detune and THEN finally changing to channel 1.

Thats good to hear. Stepping on pedals is my iggest weakness guitar wise. So long as I dont have to hit pedals i an play stuff on the two lowermost strings whih make my friends **** in their pants.....ut the seond pedals ome into the piturre i fuk everything up.
also my keyoard is damaged.
The GT Pro is a solid unit.....although I have heard the Digitech GSP1101 personally, and really like the effects it has.....still though...I would suggest the GT Pro for reliability reasons.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The GT Pro is a solid unit.....although I have heard the Digitech GSP1101 personally, and really like the effects it has.....still though...I would suggest the GT Pro for reliability reasons.

Is it worth the more money you pay ause of the footswithes? The digiteh give you a 10 swith + wah for USD 300. Unit + swith=800.
The GT alone eats 700. And ill need 4 swithes+ wah. The oss FS6 dual swith is USD 60. The Roland ev 5 is USD 80. So USD 900 for the GT. Worth it?

Also i dont have a rak....an it be kept on the bed or a table?
The GT-Pro is based on the GT-8, not GT-10. I would say get the GT-10 since they added a lot of features to it. You also won't have to deal with the buying additional pedals unless you want to.

Quote by Brendan.Clace

For example

GT-10 does all of that