I need a place to rant. So we decided to finish up a song, and I told my bassist we'll do it in my house. He says "Yeah sure okay!" and the next day, he tells me that he can't make it to my house because he tells me he has tuition tomorrow and tells me he'll be too tired. We argue and he pushes the blame to me and tells me to go over his place but I won't because his mom hates me, and I don't have transport. It's his mom's house so if she hates me, I won't disrespect her and step into her house. And how the hell am I supposed to get to his place without a car? What the hell. What's the difference of him coming to my place instead of me going to his place? I came back all the way from college in a different state by public transport just to jam today. It's clear that even if I go to his house, he'll get his precious sleep about the same time he comes to my house. It really bothers me that he started pushing the blame to me and started quarelling instead of apologizing since he had to cancel it AGAIN. It's ironic that in my band, my bassist and I are the creative forces. My band is a failure. I can't even find a passionate musician. It's hard enough for us to jam on regular days, and it's his school holidays so he has time to spend for the band but he can't even spend some time for music. My band's a failure. Why did I even find a metalcore influenced drummer to play thrash metal when he won't listen to thrash? Why did I look for a rhythm guitarist/vocalist when he can't put just an hour daily to practice on his own and turn up for jams? Why the hell did I recruit a bassist that I influenced to become a metalhead 3 years ago and yet he has huge attitude problems? Worst of all, why do I even bother saving this band? We really suck. We have 8 rough ideas for songs but we can't even finish one. This song that we have been trying to finish has taken about 8 months already. It should be done much earlier.On the other hand, my alternative band is showing huge and healthy progress. Should I just quit my metal band and focus on my alternative band? /rant

Now I feel better after ranting.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Yeah bro, i'd say **** the metal band, you guys clearly have zero chemistry.

I'm interested in hearing your alternative band by the way, you got any vids or anything?

EDIT: at least your bassist didn't try and hook up with your girlfriend over new years while you were off island for the week.

/rant

xD
Last edited by Magicant at Aug 27, 2009,
yes
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Yes, or do what I did and write your own songs and record them yourself.

(don't do that, i'm miserable )
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Magicant
Yeah bro, i'd say **** the metal band, you guys clearly have zero chemistry.

I'm interested in hearing your alternative band by the way, you got any vids or anything?

EDIT: at least your bassist didn't try and hook up with your girlfriend over new years while you were off island for the week.

/rant

xD

Yeah we do, link It was just some cover we did with a random instrumental intro.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
yea or just give the bassist the boot bass players are a dime a dozen.

My band had an incredible drummer, but he never wanted to learn new songs or practice, so we dropped him and didnt even tell him. he found out and he didnt even care.
Me thinks that you know the answer to this. Focus on what makes you happy, and not what brings you down.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Think it's quite interesting that you refer to it as "my band" a lot could be part of the problem.
Basses:
Custom on order
Fender Jazz bass
80's Fender JV P/J
MusicMan SUB Stingray
SX P bass
Yamaha RBX170
Custom Fretless
No brand Stingray

Amps:
Ampeg SVT 5 PRO
Ashdown Superfly
Ashdown Perfect Ten Minirig
Ashdown ABM 4 X10 and 1 X 15
You guys aren't working out. You might as well bail. OR, replace the ones that are causing trouble.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
It doesn't sound like there's even a band there to worry about :P

You go to college in a different state, and nobody does anything. Yay.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by guitarvinnie
yea or just give the bassist the boot bass players are a dime a dozen.

My band had an incredible drummer, but he never wanted to learn new songs or practice, so we dropped him and didnt even tell him. he found out and he didnt even care.

GOOD bass players are not a dime a dozen.
Quote by jbridge90
GOOD bass players are not a dime a dozen.

+1
Basses:
Custom on order
Fender Jazz bass
80's Fender JV P/J
MusicMan SUB Stingray
SX P bass
Yamaha RBX170
Custom Fretless
No brand Stingray

Amps:
Ampeg SVT 5 PRO
Ashdown Superfly
um... one day your bass player won't live with his mother.

OH, WAIT! that NEVER happens.

JK, but seriously, looks like your alt band is where it's at.
Quote by GrisKy
um... one day your bass player won't live with his mother.

OH, WAIT! that NEVER happens.

JK, but seriously, looks like your alt band is where it's at.

I'm the bass player in my band and I've been living on my own since I was 15, unlike the ego men (guitarists)
Basses:
Custom on order
Fender Jazz bass
80's Fender JV P/J
MusicMan SUB Stingray
SX P bass
Yamaha RBX170
Custom Fretless
No brand Stingray

Amps:
Ampeg SVT 5 PRO
Ashdown Superfly
relax bro, just a joke.
what do you call a guy that hangs out with musicians?

...A DRUMMER!

hehehe... I slay me.
Go with the alternative band. If that is what you think is worth putting your musical effort into, and you think that the other band is no good, why waste your valuable time and energy? It sounds like a huge hassel, I mean it sounds like a big deal to have a band practice, so why waste that time in a crappy band?
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
Don't shit on the tourbus?

Nah, I'm thinking of 'If it ain't fun, it ain't worth doing!'... but that comes a close second.