Ive came up with this idea..

but its my first time customizing a guitar so i have no idea how to achieve this look

Any ideas?

Thanks! Carl.
Grab your guitar, take the paint off, paint it gray, sandpaper the body randomly
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
That paint job looks like the guitar's been standing in some random shed for 20 years, gathering dust.
I don't know how literally you expect us to interpret the image.
You want the random squiggles in different shades of grey, each with some sort of grainy texture or effect? Are the specks supposed to represent something figuratively, or do you want the actual specks? Is that a texture or something to be suspended in the paint?
Is the base color supposed to have all sort of random fluctuations in color and the density of specks?
i would say, paint a few cotes of white, like 3 or so. then do some "over-spray" of grey, then sand the pattern into it.

i think just the white with overspray would look cool.
im prolly gonna do a "over-spray" paintjob someday, prolly white and dark blue.

and guys, i do think it looks cool (over spray with contrasting colours) it is kinda like marble...

if you do this, PICS!!!!!1!!!1!!1!!!11!!!!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by Metalhead_28
I don't know how literally you expect us to interpret the image.
You want the random squiggles in different shades of grey, each with some sort of grainy texture or effect? Are the specks supposed to represent something figuratively, or do you want the actual specks? Is that a texture or something to be suspended in the paint?
Is the base color supposed to have all sort of random fluctuations in color and the density of specks?

it was just a rough idea, I'll try explain.

I think going from what people have said a white base coat sprayed over with grey to get the base coat, its supposed to look 'distressed'.....as though there's a white base coat with grey over and it has started to flake off

but I don't know how to get the two other shades that look like brush strokes, at the bottom of the body and right of the pickups, other than the obvious idea of using a paint brush, i don't know how that would turn out?