hey everybody, on saturday i bought a brand new Traynor dg60r amp from long and mcquade, at the store and at home when i turned it on it had no hum whatsoever, i took it to band practice brought it home and plugged it in and now its giving off a low hum thats slightly noisy before i even plug anything in? whats up with that and how do i fix it???
Quote by deprofanity
hey everybody, on saturday i bought a brand new Traynor dg60r amp from long and mcquade, at the store and at home when i turned it on it had no hum whatsoever, i took it to band practice brought it home and plugged it in and now its giving off a low hum thats slightly noisy before i even plug anything in? whats up with that and how do i fix it???

If you were playing at a low volume in the store and when you first got it home...and then turned it up at band practice and now have it at that volume...its possible you just didnt notice the hum due to that.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
could be, i thought of that so i turned all the knobs to zero and it still hums at the same volume
Quote by deprofanity
could be, i thought of that so i turned all the knobs to zero and it still hums at the same volume

Okay, then thats different.

Is it plugged into the same wall socket as the first time you brought it home? If not, try a different wall socket......if that doesn't change it, then it could be bad power, a bad ground in the guitar, a microphonic preamp tube, etc
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Okay, then thats different.

Is it plugged into the same wall socket as the first time you brought it home? If not, try a different wall socket......if that doesn't change it, then it could be bad power, a bad ground in the guitar, a microphonic preamp tube, etc

+1