I had this idea and I have no idea how to go about it, or even if it would work. Would it be possible to have an LDR built into the body of the guitar like an expression pedal that would control either the volume or tone pots when you wave your hand over it?
I'm thinking like Matt Bellamy style. Would it work and what would it sound like?
You could use it almost like a killswitch i guess, but I wouldn't...itd Limit where you could play, seeing as they only work properly in total darkness, or fully illumiated.
it's possible but it'd be pretty useless and would be seriously affected by the lighting where ever you'd be playing. on a stage with crappy cheap stage lights flashing would make you sound like the crappiest guitarist in the world while you try to play and your volume/tone is constantly going out of whack.
Quote by noisefarmer
it's possible but it'd be pretty useless and would be seriously affected by the lighting where ever you'd be playing. on a stage with crappy cheap stage lights flashing would make you sound like the crappiest guitarist in the world while you try to play and your volume/tone is constantly going out of whack.

I agree but I'm sure you could incorporate a simple on/off switch. And if you could get your volume to sync up with the stage lights, that opens up a lot of possibilities for awesomness. I don't really know how they work, but if it was dark, you could do some cool effects with a flashlight I'm guessing.

EDIT: Your talking about something like this right? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Devi-Ever-PEEP-Expression-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=500657
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Last edited by AgresiveNapkins at Aug 27, 2009,
theramin pad would be better but rarely seen a hand made one.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x