i've been looking for an esp H-1000 for a long time (since they dont make them anymore -_-), but i found an H-400 (looks the same except for the binding and inlay).

anyway, i could either get this or an MH-1000DBSB (albeit a little much, i like the abalone, even tho no one else does). They have the same exact specs, but for string tension in Dropped C/B, which you guys prefer: a hardtail or a stop tail? which would have better tension (but not way too much tension) and have lower action capabilities without buzzing?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
i'd go for the convenience of a stoptail. i have a floyd, but it stays in standard because i don't think it's worth the time and frustration to try to get it set up well in another tuning. a stoptail can be whatever tuning you want pretty easily.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Stoptail, if tension is your concern. So long as you're using the right string gauge and the guitar is set up and maintained properly of course, a stopbar/tune-o-matic style bridge will give better tension regardless of tuning. Hardtails tend to have to have more wood routed out the bodies too and I personally find them more fiddly to work with.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
thanks to both of you, i love the look of the H-400, gonna get it

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400