I'm trying to figure out how to start recording my jam sessions and hopefully will be able to start producing music. However, I'm really confused on how to properly record. Right now, I've got a First Act USB guitar cable that I directly plug in to the computer, then run audacity and am able to play back. The sound quality is terrible though, and I was wondering if there is anyway to plug into my amp then into the computer.

Anyone adivce?
First of all, this belongs in the riffs and recordings forum
*request for move sent*

Secondly, there is no *best* way to do anything in recording....everyone has their own techniques for everything. For example, I mic my amp and go from there into my interface (Digidesign MBox2), and then into Reaper as my DAW.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I learned the hard way that to get good sound, you have to have good equipment. that cable isn't going to get much better quality wise, because a lot of your tone comes from your amp. The only way I can see you getting that sound into your comp is if you have an amp that has a line out jack. Otherwise, you're stuck without having a mic and something to get that signal to your comp.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
+1 on the amp sim, although it's not the preffered route with the equipment you have it's what'll work.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
+1 on the amp sim, although it's not the preffered route with the equipment you have it's what'll work.

But it's a free amp sim, Knouckle head is the metal one on there.

There are rocky amps (pecker head, ...) and a funky amp(Tamla Head) on there too

Those requires IR loaders, check the VST amp sim thread here on the R&R forum.