Hey UG.

I just got an old Jekyll and Hyde pedal off of Craigslist with some minor electronic problems, but after taking the back off I can't get past the big honkin circuit board and access the wires to do some soldering. Anyone know how to remove it without breaking it? I tried pulling a little, but it didn't move and I don't want to break it. I'm new to working on my own gear, but I figured since the circuit-board wasn't fried I could probably fix the pedal with a little solder.

When I bought it, the guy told me that one of the switches was acting up and that in order to turn it on you had to press it in all the way once and then push it again to the point right before it clicks. I can see that one of the leads has fallen off the output jack, which is an easy fix, but I can't get to that either without removing the circuit board. Thanks for your help all
If you could take a picture of the guts, that would help.

Usually it's either a few tiny screw, or a couple plastic retainers. Also, you might try loosening the nuts on the pots. They may be directly mounted the board (so the whole thing will come out as one unit).
Quote by Dimeborg
Hey UG.

I just got an old Jekyll and Hyde pedal off of Craigslist with some minor electronic problems, but after taking the back off I can't get past the big honkin circuit board and access the wires to do some soldering. Anyone know how to remove it without breaking it? I tried pulling a little, but it didn't move and I don't want to break it. I'm new to working on my own gear, but I figured since the circuit-board wasn't fried I could probably fix the pedal with a little solder.

When I bought it, the guy told me that one of the switches was acting up and that in order to turn it on you had to press it in all the way once and then push it again to the point right before it clicks. I can see that one of the leads has fallen off the output jack, which is an easy fix, but I can't get to that either without removing the circuit board. Thanks for your help all

did you remove the nuts on the switch, pots and jacks? never seen the inside of one of those pedals but if the pots or jack are mounted directly to the board you'll never get it out without removing those nuts.