Well, Pit, I am in quite the dilemma. Next May, I will graduate from high school , but after that, I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I’m only 17, but the program I’m in has allowed me to get my A.A. degree and my high school diploma at the same time. I don’t think my family would stand for me to not go to college, and I agree with them. I perform fairly well in school, making my range of choices for colleges pretty open (Bright Futures FTW…?). I’m very interested in psychology, but I have no idea what I should look for in a school, if I decide that’s what I want to be my major.

Major aside, if anyone here is currently in or has recently left a college in Florida, could you tell me a little bit about the school and your experience there? If you don’t have a problem with it, posting your major/minor and the kind of degree you received is also helpful.
Remember that Bright Futures have changed their policy. Look into what they will cover for you if you decide to attend a college or university. If you have no idea what you want to do, then attend a community college for a year or two.

College is nothing mind-boggling. You go to class, most of the people in the class will have children that are older than you. Do your work, finish your exams and go about with your life.

My major is in chemical engineering. So far so good. Don't slack - that's all I can tell you.
Thanks for your response! I've looked at the new policy, but I don't know what it used to be, so I don't know how much it's changed. I guess my point is that I'm already enrolled at a local college. I'm not worried about what college is going to be like. I guess I'm just looking for information I'm very skeptical of college websites, because they all basically say the same thing. So, I'm just looking to see what people say about their schools.

Again, thanks for your suggestions
I just had my first day of school yesterday at Seminole Community College. It's awesome. There's pussy galore. Goddayum.

Anywho I'm going for my two year A.A. and if I do well enough I'm guaranteed acceptance into UCF. I don't even have a major. I figure I'll figure it out sooner or later.

What college do you plan on going to?
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
^ Congratulations. My first day was very cool. I just kept thinking "Holy sh*t... I'm in school, but I can make my own decisions." This is my 3rd semester at St. Petersburg College. I'm also going for my 2 year A.A. degree.
Do you plan on transferring to USF or somethin?
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
When I'm finished with my A.A. I hope to go to a larger school. SPC isn't a junior college anymore, but at this point I've taken all of their psych courses. I'm driving out to check out University of Florida on my way to see family in Georgia. SPC is a great school to start with; they just don't have a huge amount of stuff to offer for psychology, unless you're just looking for prerequisites. I've heard good things about USF and UCF, but I'm trying to get farther away from home than USF XD