Page 1 of 2
I really really, really need a new bass and i've got the money for it BUT my mom says i dont need a new bass since i already have a 4 string.. i have the money but not the permission.

Give me ways to convince her!
Last edited by epcifail at Aug 27, 2009,
we're going to have to. kill your parents
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Hit her in the head with the old bass when it breaks you now need a reason to get a new one and she won't dare tell you that you can't get it.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
make a huge-ass list of everything better about it to your mother.

tell her it will help you improve you playing and such and such. then learn song she likes a lot and play it for her.

I got a 5 string 2 years ago only because of this list of about 40 reasons why it was better than my 4 string yamaha.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
The only real solution I can think of is to bribe her.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
It's your money, you can do what you want with it. It's all about learning responsibility. You need to take the consequences for your own actions.. at least that's what you tell her.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
say God told you to buy a new bass, or your family will suffer for not obeying his holy word.
Sing

Mama,just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger,now hes dead,
Mama,life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-
Mama ooo,
Didnt mean to make you cry-
If Im not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-

After that anything you do won't matter much in her eyes. You're dead to her.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by epcifail
I really really, really need a new bass and i've got the money for it BUT my mom says i dont need a new bass since i already have a 4 string.. i have the money but not the permission.

Give me ways to convince her!

Show up at home with a guitar, start making ****ty noises, and she'll understand why a bass is better....
Please give more reason than "I really really, really need a new bass." How long have you had it? Is it defective? How long have you been playing?

You have not given any good reason to get a new bass.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Why do you "need" a new bass? Buy a new amp.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Say you aren't wasting money on stuff that won't help you in the future, this may help you support yourself possibly in the future.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
you said that you have the money, its your money.....if you want a new bass go get it, she can deal with it later.
Do you need a "new" bass, or "another" bass?

Argue that you play songs in two different tunings and it'll break your neck (haha) to keep changing the tuning on the one instrument

/win
Quote by Tedward
say God told you to buy a new bass, or your family will suffer for not obeying his holy word.

yeah ok..
Quote by JohnnyV
Do you need a "new" bass, or "another" bass?

Argue that you play songs in two different tunings and it'll break your neck (haha) to keep changing the tuning on the one instrument

/win

naa.. i need a new 5 string.
Quote by Seney
Do you still need the old one? Sell it. It's a win win, you get a new bass, and you get to keep some money.

Yeah but she wont allow me.
South asian.. parents rule you untill your 80.
When I wanted a new bass I just said that as you get better you need to be playing on better quality basses. Or something like that, my Mom seemed to buy it.
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Why would you possibly ask this question in the Pit?

Faster replies. Good way to laugh and get ideas.
Why don't you spend your money on something cool and useful like a guitar, basses can only make really low sounds and I've never heard a solo on one. Basically all they are for is playing root notes if you ask me.
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by epcifail
Yeah but she wont allow me.
South asian.. parents rule you untill your 80.

Hahaha. One of my buddies is from Hong Kong, and he says the same thing about his parents.
There have been so many threads on this subject , someone should write a lesson on how to convince your parents to get a new guitar .
But why doesn't she understand that a 5 string is different ?
If you just wanted a new one then I could see her point but a 5 string is different from a normal one just tell her that.
Quote by Bizarro
Why don't you spend your money on something cool and useful like a guitar, basses can only make really low sounds and I've never heard a solo on one. Basically all they are for is playing root notes if you ask me.

L

They also play fifths
Last edited by Waffleguy at Aug 27, 2009,
WTF? Why do u need permission to by a bass if youve got the money????????????????????????????????????????????????!!
Its not like you asking her to buy you one.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by Bizarro

My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by Bizarro

FAIL!

if you like bass, pursue bass

also, join a band and say you need it to play songs in different tunings :P
Quote by Bizarro

Cliff burton?!

Quote by Bizarro

Steve Harris?

Just tell her its your money and if she has a problem with you being independent and thinking on your own then that's her problem not yours and then go buy it. that's what id do
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
TP her house!!!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Sean-R-Pruski
i just bought a 1300$ telecaster, and told my mom afterwards, that seems to do the trick

Win
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by epcifail
Cliff burton?!

Steve Harris?

Troll Trollington?!

Your sig forced me to do it.
Goodness gracious me!
I doubt she knows much about basses or electronics, turn all the volume knobs down on your amp and bass and tell her that the electronics are broken and it would cost less to buy a new bass.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Page 1 of 2