My basses and guitars are recorded through the Line 6 Toneport UX1 and the included software gearbox/podfarm, that's where all the sounds&tones come from, too.
The drums are programmed with XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
I use Cubase SX3 for recording, mixing etc.

That's about it.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
I've got a Shure 57 running through a cheap mic preamp. That runs into my Boss BR. Then I download that to Audacity. I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole recording thing.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
Same interface as nico42 but using Ableton Live Lite for the actual recording.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
line 6 guitar port/gearbox/riffworks, and audacity or cubase - sadly my equipment is a lot better than I am yet lol
My guitar amps line out ---> £15 external sound card --> laptop --> audacity
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
My guitar is connected to my Boss GT-8, and the Boss GT-8 goes into the PC's Line In. I record with REAPER.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by nico42
My basses and guitars are recorded through the Line 6 Toneport UX1 and the included software gearbox/podfarm, that's where all the sounds&tones come from, too.

I do this but sometimes use a microphone into the toneport instead of using the modeling software. Sony Acid for lining up tracks and panning, sonic foundry if I'm adding any effects.