Hey guys, long time since I've made a topic, just to ask, I am stuck between two different string makes and gauge widths.

I am stuck between
Elixer strings: 9 - 42 or 11 - 49

or

D'Addario strings: 9 - 42 or 11- 49

Now my guitar, Yamaha RGX-A2 has been built to hold 9-42 gauge strings, would placing 11-49 gauge strings in effect it in anyway?

Will I have to adjust the gauge widths?

Also what would buying thicker strings achieve?

Thanks for the help
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Need a new amp so much D:
Orange Stack or Marshall JCM 2000 Stack please.
I like D'Addario strings but there is not much difference i think . Thicker strings have a different tone but thinner strings are easier to play (bending and stuff). If you change string gauge the guitar might need to be setup again.
Ok cheers man! Elixer strings last around 6 months without needing a change back lack around %15 of the tonal capabilities of the D#Addario, just don't know which to get :|
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Stick with the 9-42's unless you plan on doing alternate tunings.

The strings are quite different, coated vs non... I would try both and see which ones you like more.
Ok man, I'll order a set of each, cheers for your help guys.
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Imo I hate light gauged strings because they literally never stay in tune for me and break very quickly.

I use DR Strings gauges 10-52 and they serve me very well.

I just want to throw this in there but I remember last that I checked Elixer's were damn expensive for just a pack of strings?

Did they drop the price any?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet

I just want to throw this in there but I remember last that I checked Elixer's were damn expensive for just a pack of strings?

Did they drop the price any?

They're more expensive but they last longer as well
Like the previous poster said if you change the gauge of strings on your guitar you will need to set it up again. Just use whatever feels best to you for the music you play.
Quote by TheBodomBullet

I use DR Strings gauges 10-52 and they serve me very well.

These are my faves also. Maybe try those?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde