Hey, i need some help getting a new guitar. i dont know much about brands etc, so what do you guys think the best guitar would be for me, with a budget for 600$. I play music from avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, metallica, and sometimes ill play some softer punk.

P.S: i like the V guitars, but it doesn't have to be one.
schecter makes some great guitars in your budget but if you have a crappy amp, it's not gonna make much of a difference
Try guitar from ESP, Schechter and maybe Ibanez.

Then what sounds best to you and what you are comfortable playing with
schecter tempest. one of the most versatile gutars i've played, not to mention it has coil tap too.
Defender of the Llama
Have you ever used a floyd rose?

Will you stay in one tuning? (band choices say no)

Are you willing to block the tremolo?

If you say yes to one of these, buy it :P
Schecter tempest series
In the 22nd century, how many guitarists is needed to replace a light source?

Five. One to actually do it, and four to reminisce about how much better the old tubes were.

Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1
I'd skip out on the King V. You probably wouldn't notice, but the pickups are pretty weak. Being Seymour Duncan designed and all... And the FR wouldn't be fun for you.

As for everyone who says a Tempest... I completely agree with all of you, though TS did mention his love for those sexy V's.

Someone mentioned a Schecter Damien V, and I would give two thumbs up to that guitar for sure. Schecter makes great quality guitfiddles for the price. It comes with passive EMG's which around here are considered a "No-no," but actually, they aren't that bad. Especially for a beginner like yourself.

I'll suggest an ESP LTD V-200. It's more sinister in looks compared to the Damien with a more straight, sleek V shape. The neck is thin. Great for shredding and those upper frets.

Here's the link...
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V200-Electric-Guitar?sku=512894

It comes with ESP Humbuckers and its more expensive than the Schecter. It almost comes down to looks, unless your nit-picky and you'd prefer Grover tuners over ESP tuners and EMGS over ESP humbuckers.
Its all about the Japanese Jacksons- Try the X series- good product for a low price.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Schecter Hellraiser V-1FR WHITE for $486 at Amazon. It also has a $50 mail-in rebate bringing it down to $436. It is usually $900 online.
Quote by Loldemonwar
Hey, i need some help getting a new guitar. i dont know much about brands etc, so what do you guys think the best guitar would be for me, with a budget for 600$. I play music from avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, metallica, and sometimes ill play some softer punk.

P.S: i like the V guitars, but it doesn't have to be one.

you do know > means "Greater than"???

Look at:

ESP, Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson

What about a Jackson randy rhoads sig or schecter blackjack?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3