I need some advice.

I have a 30 year old guitar, and some of the parts (bridge, tuners, etc.) are getting kind of corroded. Do you think I should replace with new parts so the guitar looks better, and keep the old parts, or just stick with the old parts so it remains completely vintage and untouched?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
If the parts seem like they're going to wear out, I would take them out and replace them with new ones. Keep the old ones in case you want to resell the guitar, for which you could put them back in.

Try to find tuners of the same size as your originals, though, or you would have to widen the hole for it.
Quote by blue_strat
If the parts seem like they're going to wear out, I would take them out and replace them with new ones. Keep the old ones in case you want to resell the guitar, for which you could put them back in.

That's what I was thinking, I just wanted some confirmation. And I don't think I'm ever gonna sell it. It was given to me by my grandpa, he pretty much kept it in his basement for thirty years to give to me, so selling it would be kind of a dick move....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
meh me personally if I had a vintage guitar (oh god I wish I did) I wouldnt switch out anything that didnt absolutely 100% need to be switched out. Maybe try to get the guitar touched up? I would think there is some kind of stuff out there that can help take away some of the corrosion.
If not though, then yes by all means replace everything BUT keep all the vintage stuff. No sense in getting rid of any of that
--Clips in profile! comment please!--
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
cmatmods Signa Drive, Brownie, and Boost
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
well if the parts really need replacing, replace them with replicas of the original parts if you can (so that for if you replace the tuners, for example you won't need to drill new holes).

incidentally pics or it's a brand new vintage (brand!) strat copy
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube

incidentally pics or it's a brand new vintage (brand!) strat copy

on my profile
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦