First of all I put this in The Pit 'cause I couldn't really figure where else to put it. Anywhosits, I am currently writing a lot of music using the program Guitar Pro 5. Now I have written most songs using the RSE (Realistic Sound Engine) but when I try to export it as a soundfile, it becomes a *.mid file. So my question is, is there any way I can export my tablature into a soundfile WITH the RSE sounds? Like an MP3 file so I don't get the crappy MIDI sounds Any help appreciated.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')
This is bunny. copy/paste him into your signature
and help him on his quest to take over the world!
Not that I know of. Just convert the MIDI file to another sound patch in a recording program for the desired timbres.
Honestly in the long run midi is better anyways. RSE is garbage. It goes off pitch like you wouldn't believe. Its frustrating. The midi sounds dumb but RSE sounds like Mud.
There is no way to get RSE exported but your better off that way anyways
I've tried over and over again, I honestly don't think it can be done without the wire I have, or recording your stereo mix.

The wire I have is a audio jack on both ends, so I plug one end into my mic port and the other into my speakers port, then play the guitar pro 5 and record it in Audacity.

*Also, I find alot of people dislike RSE because of how much CPU it takes up, on the bottom of guitar pro in the right hand corner is a percentage of processing power it takes, im constantly in the 20% range, if it gets high, it can start sounding bad and crackly and so on and so forth.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Aug 27, 2009,
1. Go to the sound settings on your computer on the input and select "what u hear"
2. Guitar Pro -> Export -> MP3
3. Let it play
Quote by MattAnderson111
I've tried over and over again, I honestly don't think it can be done without the wire I have, or recording your stereo mix.

The wire I have is a audio jack on both ends, so I plug one end into my mic port and the other into my speakers port, then play the guitar pro 5 and record it in Audacity.

*Also, I find alot of people dislike RSE because of how much CPU it takes up, on the bottom of guitar pro in the right hand corner is a percentage of processing power it takes, im constantly in the 20% range, if it gets high, it can start sounding bad and crackly and so on and so forth.

You don't need to go with the wire thing

Just open up the Volume control panel and set Wave/MP3 as the channel to record and then you can just record it in Audacity/whatever other program you use.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera