I was curious about everyone's opinions on these two brands of pickups. I ask because a few weeks ago I got my C-1 Hellraiser, and idk if I really like it. The tone is really good, but it goes through batteries like its nothing, so I was thinking about returning it and getting the C-1 Blackjack FR. The Blackjack comes with Duncans, an Sh-4 and an Sh-1. Personally, I have always liked the sound of Dimarzio's, and if I got the blackjack I might replace the Duncans with the D Sonic and Air Norton. What are your opinions on this?
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Well I'm guessing your playing metal, so the Dimarzio's might be better.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Get it, play with the Duncans for a while and if you don't like it, swap for some DiMarzios and sell the Duncans (or put them on another guitar with bad pickups?)
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Why would you guess metal?
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
you say it goes through batteries quickly? do you unplug the cable when ur not playing? leaving ur instrument cable in your guitar with active pickups keeps burning the batteries after your done playing
Quote by Knightmare444
Why would you guess metal?

Because you bought a guitar with active pickups?
Quote by Knightmare444
I was curious about everyone's opinions on these two brands of pickups. I ask because a few weeks ago I got my C-1 Hellraiser, and idk if I really like it. The tone is really good, but it goes through batteries like its nothing, so I was thinking about returning it and getting the C-1 Blackjack FR. The Blackjack comes with Duncans, an Sh-4 and an Sh-1. Personally, I have always liked the sound of Dimarzio's, and if I got the blackjack I might replace the Duncans with the D Sonic and Air Norton. What are your opinions on this?

Something is wrong. Even if you leave the instrument cable plugged into your guitar 24/7, the batteries should last you around 3 months.
To Woozye: I didn't buy it. It was a birthday gift from my family. I like the actives, But I play more Hard Rock/Post-Grunge than metal.

To 667: In about 3 weeks I have gone through roughly 5/6 Batteries. I did play around 3/4 gigs in that time, but still. At this rate, I am going to be spending hundreds of dollars on batteries, and that just won't do.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
To Woozye: I didn't buy it. It was a birthday gift from my family. I like the actives, But I play more Hard Rock/Post-Grunge than metal.

To 667: In about 3 weeks I have gone through roughly 5/6 Batteries. I did play around 3/4 gigs in that time, but still. At this rate, I am going to be spending hundreds of dollars on batteries, and that just won't do.

Yea, something is wrong. You might have got a dud.
You could get lithium Ion rechargeable 9 volts as well.
All the more reason to return it lol.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Here's the specs. I don't know if you have to half the battery life when 2 pickups are installed, but even still, that should last you 30 days with it constantly plugged in.

Technical Info AHB-1 Blackout Neck Resonant Frequency: 750 Hz
Average Output Voltage: 0.65 Volts RMS (1) Maximum Output Voltage: 2.60 Volts RMS (2) Noise: -97dBV Output Impedance: 1K Ohm Current Consumption: 350 micro-amperes Battery Life: 1420 hours (3) Preamp Topology: Discrete hybrid differential, FET input Preamp Gain: 16 dB
Preamp THD @ 1V: .003%

AHB-1 Blackout Bridge Resonant Frequency: 530 Hz Average Output Voltage: 2.00 Volts RMS (1) Maximum Output Voltage: 2.60 Volts RMS (2) Noise: -96dBV
Output Impedance: 1K Ohm Current Consumption: 350 micro-amperes
Battery Life: 1420 hours (3) Preamp Topology: Discrete hybrid differential, FET input Preamp Gain: 18 dB Preamp THD @ 1V: .003%
Last edited by 667 at Aug 27, 2009,
Holy **** O.o I would say the most time I have gotten out of one battery is between 30-50 hours. It lasted just over a week, and I play (usually/on average) 3-7 hours a day.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
Holy **** O.o I would say the most time I have gotten out of one battery is between 30-50 hours. It lasted just over a week, and I play (usually/on average) 3-7 hours a day.

And this people...is why I fear actives...
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
^ I have two guitars with actives (Blackouts and EMG's). I play everyday... and everyday I forget to unplug my guitar.

That being said... my batteries last forever.