For sale is my Line6 Spider Valve 212 40 watt combo.

It's just over a year old and has barely been used but for very light bedroom use (about once a week) and once at a band practice. The whole thing is vanilla with no mods and is in the same condition as when I bought it (for £550).

The amp itself is absolutely superb, the inbuilt effects are very handy and it's ****ing LOUD. I didn't even get to rattle the tubes at my practice space. Main reason for selling is somewhat buyers remorse since it's just too big for what I use it for (originally planned to be gigging by now)

Comes standard with Bogner tubes and 2 Celestion 12" speakers, and this thing SCREAMS. Has brutal inbuilt distortion and can handle great cleans too, a good all rounder for most genres as I've discovered.

Specs (straight from Line6's website)

* 40W Class AB tube amp through (2) 12AX7 preamp tubes and (2) 6L6 power tubes
* 2X12" configuration featuring a pair of Premium Celestion® Vintage 30 speakers
* 12 dialed in amp models (channel voices) that deliver a complete tonal range from shimmering clean to insane grind
* 7 Smart Control FX (up to 3 simultaneous) including Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Standard Delay (all with Tap Tempo) Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, and Reverb
* Built-in front panel tuner
* 36 user programmable channels
* 300+ presets covering the greatest guitar tones of all time
* POD® XLR direct out for studio direct tone
* Compatible with FBV2, FBV Express and FBV Shortboard foot controllers
*Single and dual 1/4" speaker output jacks for connection to auxiliary cabinets
*1/4" power amp input jack for POD® amp and effect modelers
*Weight: 60 lbs
*Dimensions: 30" L x 25" H x 15" D

Currently situated in Edinburgh, Scotland, and considering the condition it's in and the fact I have my eye on a Blackstar HT5 I'd like to get £350 for this thing, or nearest offer

Pics on request to an email address
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

You just happen to be one too.

Unless you plan on making a serious offer then kindly leave my thread
Quote by fleajr_1412

You want someone to give you 350 for this hunk of crap so you can go buy yourself a nice amp?

Anybody with any sense at all is going to go buy something nice with their 350 instead.

Call me an asshole too if you want, but what I said is the truth.
Quote by Matt420740
You want someone to give you 350 for this hunk of crap so you can go buy yourself a nice amp?

Anybody with any sense at all is going to go buy something nice with their 350 instead.

You ever used one? Answer me that honestly

Have you ever played this thing or are you just trolling because of what you heard about the cheap modelling solid states this company makes?
Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by Matt420740

Either you haven't recognised the difference between the Spider I - IV models and the Spider Valve, or you haven't realised that a 40 watt 2x12 valve amp made by Wal Mart would cost more than $350.
I've played through a Spider Valve. Sounded just like a solid state. Like the rest of the hybrids. Tube amps have character to them, a certain mojo that solid states just can't reach. I've never seen a hybrid that has it either. They all sound like solid states. Its just a money making gimmick anyhow. I'm definatley not a troll. I actually build tube amps. Here's a link to one I built not so long ago.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158541

As for what I said earlier, I wasn't trying to be an ass. Just trying to make a point. Its like you trying to sell a used Cavalier for $20,000 so you can buy a new Mustang. Nobodys going to do that. There just going to take their money and buy a new Mustang themselves.
Quote by Matt420740
I've played through a Spider Valve. Sounded just like a solid state. Like the rest of the hybrids. Tube amps have character to them, a certain mojo that solid states just can't reach. I've never seen a hybrid that has it either. They all sound like solid states. Its just a money making gimmick anyhow. I'm definatley not a troll. I actually build tube amps. Here's a link to one I built not so long ago.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158541

As for what I said earlier, I wasn't trying to be an ass. Just trying to make a point. Its like you trying to sell a used Cavalier for $20,000 so you can buy a new Mustang. Nobodys going to do that. There just going to take their money and buy a new Mustang themselves.

I get your point, but the Blackstar and the Spider Valve are two very different amps, and quite honestly I could see why the Spider Valve would appeal to some people rather than the Blackstar, it just isn't that way for me
Quote by fleajr_1412

Well, it all depends on what your needs are. If you need volume for unmic'd gigs, then a very good 5 watt amp is still not what you're looking for, is it.
lets try to keep the replies to offers only please.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
In defence to the guy trying to sell the amp, I own the head to this amp, and it's fantastic.

Yes, Line 6 have a bad rep in terms of Amp's, (Spider II/III) but, this is an actual TUBE amplifier.

Very nice tones, and, for the price it's being sold for.

Can't go wrong.

Good luck with the sale mate, anybody looking to offer should ignore the negativity, generally it's from the glorious "Gogo £2000 head" people.

x