Because of my in-experience of guitar building, I decided to buy a premade body and enck off warmoth, then just paint it, put it together, wire it myself etc.

Anyway, I wanted to get a Solid Body VIP style, but it came up as $510 for just the blank with all the routing options. No paint, no chambers etc. All the other bodies I priced were around $250-$300. Is that actually the price of that body, or did I do something wrong when building it?
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
so how are you planning on GETTING experience, hmmm?

other than that one question I have no problems with your good plan and support you wholeheartedly.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
^This, warmoth will only get you experience in *assembling* guitars, not building them.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by Knightmare444
Because of my in-experience of guitar building, I decided to buy a premade body and enck off warmoth, then just paint it, put it together, wire it myself etc.

Anyway, I wanted to get a Solid Body VIP style, but it came up as $510 for just the blank with all the routing options. No paint, no chambers etc. All the other bodies I priced were around $250-$300. Is that actually the price of that body, or did I do something wrong when building it?

The cost of your body is going to be mostly based on the wood type(s). What type of wood did you choose?

EDIT: I checked the showcase. I'd say that it's the body shape making it cost so much.
Last edited by Locked_Deadbolt at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by Locked_Deadbolt
The cost of your body is going to be mostly based on the wood type(s). What type of wood did you choose?

EDIT: I checked the showcase. I'd say that it's the body shape making it cost so much.

I tried with a few different kinds of woods. So i geuss it's just the shape.

And if you have never built a guitar before, buying a body and neck blank and assembling will still help you learn.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
I tried with a few different kinds of woods. So i geuss it's just the shape.

And if you have never built a guitar before, buying a body and neck blank and assembling will still help you learn.

so would taking apart and reassembling a guitar.

EDIT: I am intentionally telling you what you don't want to hear. if you choose to ignore, it makes no difference to me. I think that making a body at least would teach you a lot.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Last edited by the humanity at Aug 27, 2009,
Yep, I learned a lot from just taking apart my old strat knockoff.

Not trying to discourage you, just saying it might save you a few hundred.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!