Alright so i want to record something with audacity. I'm planning to use a usb microphone. How would i go about this the cheapest way possible. I don't need studio quality but i just need the job done right now. Would it be possible for me to just borrow a buddies rock band mic and plug it directly into my computer and hit the record button on audacity or do i need to get other special interfaces and what not.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
yup - all the stuff ive recorded have been Rock band mic plugged straight into the usb, and then whack record on audacity and bob's yer uncle
It works okay. Just get your comp's inpiy selection rihght and away you go. Beware of latency when you record a second track but its easy enough to correct.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by ascendancy2
yup - all the stuff ive recorded have been Rock band mic plugged straight into the usb, and then whack record on audacity and bob's yer uncle

You mean all of the recordings on your profile are through a rock band mic? Great dude that sounds fine for what i need. Thanks alot. I'm going to go call my buddy and get that mic haha.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
I did used to use auidacity but it doesnt sync the traks so i moved to reaper which seems to be easier to use and keps trcks in sync well.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Quote by alexpalka23
You mean all of the recordings on your profile are through a rock band mic? Great dude that sounds fine for what i need. Thanks alot. I'm going to go call my buddy and get that mic haha.

yup! with good mic placement aswell you can get some really decent recordings