Page 1 of 2
umkay, so me and this guy r gonna hav a guitar battle for our school (spare me the coments about how lame that is) and theres a debate as to whos going 2 win between this girl i know and me so i thought i'd post the songs we're gonna play and you say who you think will win.
kay here goes:

Me (random-emo-kill):
Bleeding mascera intro - atreyu
master of puppets - metallica
pray for plagues - bring me the horizon
stabwound - necrophagist

the other guy:
rock you like a hurricane intro (not intro solo btw)
hand of blood - bullet for my valentine
a lot like vegas - bring me the horizon
vices intro - silverstein
(note...these four will all be played incorect)
you are br00tal
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Lack of judging criteria..

thanks 4 the input...just who do u think is a better guitar player from those songs (yes i can play stabwound)
I think the concentrated fail in the room is going to kill both of you by making your heads implode, thus resulting in a win for everyone else.
Quote by random-emo-kill

thanks 4 the input...just who do u think is a better guitar player from those songs (yes i can play stabwound)

me
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by EuBoat
If you can play stabwound, you will win.

Easily.

this. it's all you have to play. and drop master of puppets. i love metallica, but they have way better solos on that album(i like disposable heroes)
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Aug 27, 2009,
Quote by sashki
Lack of judging criteria and obvious bias in your favour.
You're asking the pit to tell you how much better you are so that you feel good about yourself.
**** you.

thanks 4 the input...really this isnt about me its to prove to this chick that i really AM better than this guy, despite his 3 year vs my 3 month playing experiance
its just to show her what other people think from said list (she still thinks he's better cause he can play acdc intros, not solos, intros)
Last edited by random-emo-kill at Aug 27, 2009,
If your going to battle, do improv. Playing other people's songs will not prove anything. It proves you can read numbers and relate them to the fretboard.

As far as I am concerned, all of those songs suck except Necrophagist. That said, considering the other songs; I am sure you can't play it.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by random-emo-kill
(note...these four will all be played incorect)

bit sure of your self eh?
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by random-emo-kill

that depends...maybe you can play them but not very well. even if you can play more difficult songs than your opponent, if they play their songs flawlessly while you end up making mistakes then they have you beat.

are we to assume that both of you can play those songs you listed absolutely flawlessly? if so then i guess the winner iiiss...(no clue cause i've only heard rock you like a hurricane)
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
2 years ago there was this totally p0nx girl in my class that rocked those power chords. She was mad at our music teacher and publicly cchallenged her to a guitar battle. I lold .
Quote by random-emo-kill
thanks 4 the input...really this isnt about me its to prove to this chick that i really AM better than this guy, despite his 3 year vs my 3 month playing experiance

Stay Gold
Quote by random-emo-kill
o_O

Good luck.
do us a favour and record it. man you will win FOR SURE. no doubt in my mind. i just heard those songs. you will win i promise. but PLEASE record it and put it up on youtube so we can see you own this guy.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by random-emo-kill

Obvious troll is obvious. Go eat **** and die. please
Quote by Ulalume
If your going to battle, do improv. Playing other people's songs will not prove anything. It proves you can read numbers and relate them to the fretboard.

As far as I am concerned, all of those songs suck except Necrophagist. That said, considering the other songs; I am sure you can't play it.

actually...i can...i practiced stabwound for more than 6 hours every day for a month and a half (guys will go to stupid lengths to impress hot girls) the other few i just kinda feltt like doing...screw the difficulty
3 months? Guitar battle? School?
GTFO you little poser
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
stabwound after 3 months, cool story bro. i can play toccata in d minor with a hair brush and a tooth stick.
Quote by Wesseem
do us a favour and record it. man you will win FOR SURE. no doubt in my mind. i just heard those songs. you will win i promise. but PLEASE record it and put it up on youtube so we can see you own this guy.

oh of course man!!! i was already planning to!
None of you.

After you two play, I'm gonna show up and play the intro to Smoke on the water on a badly tuned ukulele. The audience will be so amazed at my far superior playing and choice of song, they'll have no choice but to say i won.

Sorry.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
You should do a blues or swing imporv battle, they're much more entertaining (every five year old and his dog can play teh BrOOtaLz). Plus if your school has a jazz band they could comp for you while you play (cause lets face it, if you're not friendly rivals you're not going to comp correctly for each other)
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
3 months? Guitar battle? School?
GTFO you little poser

yes...thats right...see what happens when stupid kids run out of ideas to get back at people they hate? and yes...ok...im obsessive about my guitar...i also wasted a considerable amount of time learning stabwound... and school because i want to publicly humiliate the guy...thank you verry much for not asking why first
Quote by Thesmartkid
You should do a blues or swing imporv battle, they're much more entertaining (every five year old and his dog can play teh BrOOtaLz). Plus if your school has a jazz band they could comp for you while you play (cause lets face it, if you're not friendly rivals you're not going to comp correctly for each other)

good suggestion man...i'l take it to mind...a little satriani could do some good...
Quote by random-emo-kill
yes...thats right...see what happens when stupid kids run out of ideas to get back at people they hate? and yes...ok...im obsessive about my guitar...i also wasted a considerable amount of time learning stabwound... and school because i want to publicly humiliate the guy...thank you verry much for not asking why first

Just a few questions:
1. Why would you want to publicly humiliate somebody?
2. Why do you want to prove to everybody that you can play guitar?
3. Why would you want to use your obsessive guitar playing to humiliate somebody instead of putting it to good use?

Also
Quote by random-emo-kill
thanks 4 the input...really this isnt about me its to prove to this chick that i really AM better than this guy

It sounds like it's completely about you, and why would you care about what somebody else thinks about your playing compared to another person's abilities?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Aug 27, 2009,
You've been playing for 3 months and you're gonna try to perform stabwound in front of people?

Oh god, put this on youtube
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by babysmasher
when the other guy wins that chick is gonna make out with him so hard

thank you for your input...i see you have no life and came on here just to bash people...im sorry you were raised wrong man.
(seriously though, niceness aside, be honest next time...)
You're going to have a guitar battle and just do a few set songs...

Dude, for a guitar battle, you gotta SHRED just start doing insane solos. That's what a guitar battle is. Not 'I can play crap like metallica, can you?' God...
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
Page 1 of 2