I have a stock Dean Vendetta xmt, and I need to know what I need to do to drop the tuning lower. I have removed a spring, one of three, to make whammy bar easier to use, but will that cause problems with down tuning?
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Please?
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
you'll need the spring back in for drop tuning, and most likely a heavier gauge of string
I HATE YOU...
if you find that the bridge lifts at it's ass end, and adjusting the trem screws doesn't help, you'll want to put the spring back in.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i say, put that spring back in when you gauge up for the lower tuning. those thicker gauges will create more tension and pull on the bridge.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Well dammit!!! I tried to put the ****in spring back on and the damn nail stripped on my and now my ****in guitar is broken!!!
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Toothpick it?

??? What do u mean?
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Quote by DrDeathjeans
Well dammit!!! I tried to put the ****in spring back on and the damn nail stripped on my and now my ****in guitar is broken!!!

he's suggesting you detune. remove springs.
take a toothpick, cram it into the hole with some wood glue.
screw the screw back in thru the toothpick.

dont put any tension on that screw for at least a day.

let dry and see if you can return tension to it without it flying back out.

if it still can't hold the tension, then use wood epoxy. shove it in the hole.
let dry, and then drill a new hole for that screw.
it'll be stronger than before.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011