And besides the name on the headstock.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
So how much BETTER is the Gibson than the Epiphone.

I understand a lot of the money you pay for a Gibson is for the name.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
You can have different specs and different setups, but all in all it's down to which you prefer playing. There are people who can easily afford Gibsons, but choose to play their Epiphones because they like them so much.

Many quality and even legendary recordings have been made on relatively cheap guitars.
Quality parts, dedicated people making the instruments with care. You know that you guitar has had been delicately put together in perfection with Gibson.
I personally think Epiphone is just as good as Gibson, I have an Epiphone Goth T-Bird and I think it plays and sounds just as well as a Gibson. There isn't really a "better" one it just depends on how much you want to pay.
Quote by Lollage123
Quality parts, dedicated people making the instruments with care. You know that you guitar has had been delicately put together in perfection with Gibson.
Ha!

The main difference between the two is simply the quality of the wood used in the bodies and necks. The next big upgrade is the finish.

Beyond that, that's no marked difference; the pickusp are made to the same specs, the hardware on Epi's is susprisingly good and not noticably any worse than the hardware used on Gibsons, and neither has any features that the other doesn't.

As far as build quality goes, both are made on production lines. You've got to be pretty racist to believe that a guy in Korea can't do something as well as a guy in America - generally if there is a difference in their ability, it's simply from a lack of proper training. However, if you think every person working in the Gibson production lines is a fully trained, highly experienced luthier, you're very much mistaken.

The only real jump comes when you look to the Custom Shop models, which are actually hand made by people who are properly qualified and really, really know what they're doing.

I'm not saying there's no difference, because there is; the 'simple' difference in wood quality alone makes a vast difference to the tone of the instrument. But saying every Gibson is some glorious holy grail is just stupid.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Epi's QC is tighter. Gibson's wood quality is much higher. Basically, Epis will more consistently be 95% as good, Gibsons will range from not quite as good (but better materials) to amazing.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2