So the problem is same price, and dont know wich to choose. Both are stacks

Amp 1 Randall

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX120RH-and-RX412-Half-Stack?sku=481735

Amp 2 marshall

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HFX-and-MG412-Half-Stack?sku=581867

Thx for help

edit: i play everything from zeppelin to the heviest
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Last edited by Frankgt2 at Aug 27, 2009,
bassicly... everyone on here will say randall.. due to the fact that not to many people on UG like the MG. But for the style of music you play.. get the randall.. suits all types of music and kicks ***
Please don't get the MG, and also, why do you need a stack? spend your money wisely and get a decent combo over a cheapo halfstack
Don't get a halfstack. If you're playing at home only, then get a Vox Valvetronix. If you're doing small venues, then get a Vox Night Train, or other pretty much any 15-30watt tube amp. If you have a well soundproofed room and want a big, tube sound then get something from the Randall RM series.

When you're playing big venues, THEN you should think about a halfstack or two.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
im playing with a band and sometimes we gig and there isnt always PA
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by V.U.K
Don't get a halfstack. If you're playing at home only, then get a Vox Valvetronix. If you're doing small venues, then get a Vox Night Train, or other pretty much any 15-30watt tube amp. If you have a well soundproofed room and want a big, tube sound then get something from the Randall RM series.

When you're playing big venues, THEN you should think about a halfstack or two.

The problm isn't the size of the venue, it's the PRICE. If you have money to get a good halfstack, then do it, but if you don't, get a good combo.
Isn't a PA?

How does your singer sing?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
Isn't a PA?

How does your singer sing?

when without PA singer dont sing, instrumental, and when we got PA the speakers have terrible quality, u cant understand what you are playing so I prefer having my own gear
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by Frankgt2
when without PA singer dont sing, instrumental, and when we got PA the speakers have terrible quality, u cant understand what you are playing so I prefer having my own gear

whey but if you have a terrible amp through terrible quality P.A. it will be horrible
i dont get why everyone says that halfstacks are louder than combos. a 100 watt amp in halfstack form would only be 9 decibels (not very much) louder than the exact same amp in a 1x12 combo format. if you want a half stack though, look used and get a crate blue voodoo, or maybe you could get a new krank rev jr (a 20 watt tube amp IS very loud)
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i dont understand why people say x decibels isnt very loud.
when i plug into the high gain input of my amp, and set the volume to 3, it is WAY too loud for our practices. when i leave the volume at three, and plug into the low gain (which is either 3 dbs or 6, cant remember) it is WAY too quiet. there is def. a very noticeable volume difference with 9 decibels
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.