its been on on and off problem. well plug it into an amp it produces this ear bleeding screaming sound that sounds as if its come from some horror movie. its not the cords or the amp we use, as they'll both work fine with a different guitar.

im not sure what model [it was a gift years ago, and im certain its been discontinued], but its a spector 5 string with EMG-hz passives with an active preamp. i checked the wiring thoroughly, no lose wires.

i have not checked pups, as i figure this will do know good in finding the source of the problem.

anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

thanks in advance
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Grounding problems?
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
its possible.

but its an on and off thingy mostly, sometimes itll scream, sometimes it wont.

could wiring with the pots be part of the problem? I noticed today that theyll turn even after adjusted all the way.

im not very experienced in wiring
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Sounds like either grounding or pickup malfunction. You should test the pickup, then check your grounding.

EDIT: Maybe you have a dying pot. Does it happen more at a certain level on a pot?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
i havent really checked that yet, but i will do that now. wait for updates...
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by koalabacon

could wiring with the pots be part of the problem? I noticed today that theyll turn even after adjusted all the way.

maybe from the pot spinning around a wire was diss'd and is touching something its not meant to? best thing would be to open her up, take pics etc, to post so other people with more experience with wiring could take a look?
i fiddled with the pots, no screaming.

as for pics, i cant do that at the moment. the slot for the SD card is busted, ill have to wait untill i cant use my brothers laptop later today.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

I'm guessing the grounding loop might be shorting out intermittently. Probably from the pots being loose in the cavity.

ill prolly end up getting new pots for it eventually and check the grounding on it.

thanks for the input
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

If you can get a good, CLEAR picture of the control cavity, it'll be much easier to help you out.

Check/ replace the output jack on it too. My friends ibanez did the same thing from me moving around too much during a church worship session...we all laughed at the irony of a demon screaming during it.

clear pics can be gotten by using a better-than-phone camera, light were its needed, and stand back but zoom in, keeping your hand steady. Just for some tidbit of info.
macro settings on a camera is allways good!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
That's not a problem, it's a feature.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.