Quite frankly, im geting sick of my band. We havet written new songs since like February, we only learned to play one new cover, and all in all, things seem to be goin nowhere. We are lined up for 3 shows in the next 3 weeks (starting tomorrow), and its nice to be up on stage. The thing is, it aint fun anymore. I used to walk to band practice with a smile on my face, and plaied my best. Today i just sat there and watched TV while i played along.

The thing is, i just hate being the only guy that pushes the band along. I had to bother them for a month before we recorded our two song demo, and i have been bugging them for mothes now to record our other stuff. Whenever i get to our practice space, everything is in shambels, the couch is pulled open, trash everywhere, cables, bottels.... Last week it just got to much and i simply left before the practice even started. Now ive just let go. I just play for the sake of playing, and i dont even put effort in my solos anymore, i just hit random notes that are loosely in key. I used to love playing with this guys, but now it just sux. Might have somethign to do with the guitarist and basist smoking like 7 joints a day. The thing is, i had wicked fun playing with another of my friends today just before practice, just jamming and stuff.

I just dunno what to do. Should i try to get this thing back on track and make it as fun as it was before? How could i do that? Should i just quit and try to start a new band, even if it did take me 2 years and a big stroke of luck to end up in this one?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
See if you can incorporate some discipline! Get away from distractions while your band is practicing. No tv, no interruptions. Demand new ideas. Set homework assignments. If they don't show commitment, then don't waste your time. Everyone should be clear about the band's goals and everyone has a role.

You either step up and try to drive your band mates, or just quit because it's not worth it.
If i were u, i would talk to your bandmembers before quitting. if you talk to them and explain what you think, maybe your band members will be willing to write some new stuff. If they continue this behavior after you talked to them, find a new band.
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
It sounds like you've already made up your mind, and I agree. You should quit the band. Tell them AFTER the gigs though, it's extremely poor form to leave just before gigs are booked.

This band is a waste of your time. You can't change them, you've been telling them what you want to do and their non-action is inexcusable. Whether it's related to drug use or not is irrelevant - you'll find perfectly "clean" people who will do the same thing.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by gorkyporky
Quite frankly, im geting sick of my band. We havet written new songs since like February, we only learned to play one new cover, and all in all, things seem to be goin nowhere. We are lined up for 3 shows in the next 3 weeks (starting tomorrow), and its nice to be up on stage. The thing is, it aint fun anymore. I used to walk to band practice with a smile on my face, and plaied my best. Today i just sat there and watched TV while i played along.

The thing is, i just hate being the only guy that pushes the band along. I had to bother them for a month before we recorded our two song demo, and i have been bugging them for mothes now to record our other stuff. Whenever i get to our practice space, everything is in shambels, the couch is pulled open, trash everywhere, cables, bottels.... Last week it just got to much and i simply left before the practice even started. Now ive just let go. I just play for the sake of playing, and i dont even put effort in my solos anymore, i just hit random notes that are loosely in key. I used to love playing with this guys, but now it just sux. Might have somethign to do with the guitarist and basist smoking like 7 joints a day. The thing is, i had wicked fun playing with another of my friends today just before practice, just jamming and stuff.

I just dunno what to do. Should i try to get this thing back on track and make it as fun as it was before? How could i do that? Should i just quit and try to start a new band, even if it did take me 2 years and a big stroke of luck to end up in this one?

There's your problem(s).

Not only are they not putting in effort any more, nether are you.
And sure, it must have something to do with them smoking what seems to be quite a bit of pot, but unfortunately if you don't pull them together, things will just fall apart.
You need to get THEM interested again, go out with them to buy CD's and crap for the day, and talk to them, maybe you will find something to get them going again.

However, I would advise a break. For the whole band. You included.
The problem with that is, you have already booked 3 shows, so you are in a pickle from where I'm standing.
You could say to them, "after these 3 shows we should take a break for a couple of weeks."
Which would give them a goal in sight (rest) and could also bring them out to say "maybe we should stop doing this", in which case, you can ask them WHY they want to stop and you can devise a solution.

If they try and quit before they have done the 3 shows, slap them in the face. Really hard.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I would recommend that you quit the band. It's very unlikely that your other bandmates are going to suddenly become motivated and genuinely interested in playing again. Play the 3 gigs with them and then start looking for other people to play with.
Try and get them back into shape. If they don't then leave, that's what I did with my old band. I said, you miss another fucking band practice and i'm out. Two of them missed a band practice and I left.

Simples.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles